Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2011 Yaris

fuel miser

Looks very good to me, shame we wont get the sportier version, typical these days I'm afraid

Kingo :thumbsup:

yep same as the current version, the 1NZ-FE isn't available any longer in the UK, due to emissions.

We had this discussion already in another thread!

I wish they'd called it something else TBH as it seems to have lost most of its Yarissness. Cuteness has been replaced by Boring, and for some reason it reminds me of the Vauxhall Astra hatchback :!Removed!:

It's loosing the centralized digital dash and has gotten even bigger and wider and I'm guessing heavier unless they've make the interior even more flimsy :lol:

And no diesel version! :crybaby:

Maybe in 2012, but are they just sticking the same diesel engine in again or have they made some improvements?

I'd love a 1.6 D4D to fill the gap between the 1.4 and 2.0, and it'll be able to compete with the £0-tax 1.6L diesel engines that you can get for the Ford Fiesta and Audi A3 :D

But I think us Yaris owners will be wanting to see what the Mk2 Aygo will be like; If that follows the bloating trend it'll be just the right size! :lol:

Still, not as bad as VW; The newer Polo is bigger than the older Golfs! And if the Golf gets any bigger it'll be an MPV! :lol:

Much more detail and pictures on Toyota Japan's web site.

You can't read the words, but its easy to navigate around by guessing what to click on to see the different models with interior pictures...

http://toyota.jp/vitz/003_p_001/concept/grade/grade2/index.html

The car will be the same shape (near enough) when it arrives but you will need to wait to see what the spec and interior trims will be, Europe take completely different grades to cars in Japan

The car will be the same shape (near enough) when it arrives but you will need to wait to see what the spec and interior trims will be, Europe take completely different grades to cars in Japan

Yes we do - 4wd, RS trim, 1.5 engine, CVT, indicator repeaters in the door mirrors - why would we in the UK want any of those......

All the good features they get in Japan that we don't get over here.....

BTW Google translate does a good job of allowing you to navigate the Toyota Japan site:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ftoyota.jp%2Fvitz%2F003_p_001%2Fconcept%2Fgrade%2Fgrade2%2Findex.html

And if anyone is sadder than me with more time on their hands, the official owenrs manual for the new model is already published here in Japanese. We just need someone to translate it for us to have a good read...

http://toyota.jp/manual/vitz/vitz_201012.pdf

Yes I was trying to make the point that Japan will always have some good sporty specs, Europe will NOT get such specs

Yes we do - 4wd, RS trim, 1.5 engine, CVT, indicator repeaters in the door mirrors - why would we in the UK want any of those......

Could be worse - with many manufacturers we in Ireland don't get the full UK model ranges, With older Corollas for example you could only get a 1.3 petrol or 2.0 diesel over here - when you lot were getting 1.6 and 1.8 petrols as well. With Mk 1 Skoda Octavias - you lot could get the excellent 1.8 T 150 bhp petrol with leather (pre VRS)- over here have a nice 75 bhp 1.6 with basic spec - very nice. But yes its true that the japanese manufacturers denied euro drivers some of their tastiest machines. Like the Caldina with celica gt 4 powerplant (caldina was basically a Mk 1 Avensis estate)

Red diesel

I love it :) think it will do a much better job of rivalling the fiesta, and i bet it will be ore fun to drive than the current model. i like the new interior, it looks to have better quality and more sporty driving position :)

i really wish we could get the 1.5 here though, why are the ultra rich allowed to drive +400g/km co2 cars while most people are now confined to eco-boxes. i noticed that on some reports, that the 1.3 (1.33?) engine

has 93 bhp and will have a 5 speed manual for europe! the current car has a 6 speed (abeit a rubbish one) and 100bhp! maybe it will address peoples problems with the gear box and hopefully be more lively than the

current 1.33 unit, even with less power, im only 15 but have driven a yaris 1.33 100bhp and a fiesta 1.25 (whats with the stupid names?) with 82 bhp and i will say i had a lot more fun in the fiesta. cant have a fiesta though

because i love toyota too much :)

Some official Toyota videos of the Japanese models here give you a good all round idea of what it will be like.

(But as Kingo says, ignore the RS model, as they had such sporty models like that of the old range in Japan, US and Canada, but we never got them here, so you can assume that we won't get such versions of the new car either...)

http://toyota.jp/vitz/movie/impression/index.html?04

The centre dash display was one of the reasons I bought a Yaris, it's much more natural for me to glance sideways rather than down, if the new one doesn't have it then I doubt I'll buy one. I swear Toyota are getting worse by the day...

• 3 weeks later...

Don't like it sorry. Looks heavy and clumbsy. No way does that look better than a new Jazz or Fiesta imo.

The current shape is far nicer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links