Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

4X4 In Reverse?

Davrav

Reversing onto driveway in the snow and ice yesterday, Red Leader wanted to know if the RAV was still in 4WD :unsure: Anyone know and, if it is, is the balance between front and rear axles the same as when moving forward?

Reversing onto driveway in the snow and ice yesterday, Red Leader wanted to know if the RAV was still in 4WD :unsure: Anyone know and, if it is, is the balance between front and rear axles the same as when moving forward?

Who's Red Leader, Davrav.....Rudolph?

Big Kev. :yahoo:

Kev,

I suspect that at the very least it is more like Rudolphette probably with a plain gold band on one.............. er........ :!Removed!: Michael :!Removed!:

I have no idea of the technical answer to this but the practical one is did you get onto the drive, in reverse and in the snow and ice, or not? :thumbsup:

Mike D

No, not Rudolph, but she is known for bringing down 'Donner & Blitzen' on those who displease her :fear:

Kev,

I suspect that at the very least it is more like Rudolphette probably with a plain gold band on one.............. er........ :!Removed!: Michael :!Removed!:

I have no idea of the technical answer to this but the practical one is did you get onto the drive, in reverse and in the snow and ice, or not? :thumbsup:

Mike D

Spot on with your suspicion Mike :yes:

No problem getting on to driveway at all :thumbsup:

Likewise today - only 2 or so inches of snow, but we have a very steep drive. So popped her in reverse, put AWD lock on and up she went, not a slip or stumble. Very impressed. :yes:

I don't know the set-up for reverse 4wd but I have had to back up a steepish snowy driveway in our 4.2 XT3, no slip at all, as if it was clear and dry, big :) at the time!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links