Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Winscreen Washer - What Part Has Broke!

theatretony

Hi all, long time lurker, but now need help...

My windscreen wipers are working but the windscreen washer isn't. When I try to clean the rear window with screenwash, I could usually hear the pump work, but now I cannot hear anything... This is both front and rear.

Looking at the manual is says fuse 36 is the one for Winscreen stuff, so I am thinking if the washer does not work but the wipers do, it is not the fuse that is blown and could possibly be the pump....

Hope that makes sense... anyone any ideas....

Tony

Could just be the cold weather....

I don't hear the normal noise when trying for the rear jets..... however when everything has defrosted it works fine

thumbsup.gif

most probably frozen.

the pumps are located on the washer bottle, its behind the front bumper on the drivers side. there's a thread about how to get to it somewhere...

Mine froze and took a week to unfreeze, you should be able to feel its frozen by poking something into the bottle

Mine froze and took a week to unfreeze, you should be able to feel its frozen by poking something into the bottle

Just checked that, and it appears that even though the temp is 1c it is still frozen. Poured about a cup of hot water in there to see if that helps..

its not likely to thaw in +1 weather.

try using warm water into the bottle and warm water over the jets and anywhere you are able to see the pipes going to the jets :thumbsup: