Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Any Near Misses / Mishaps In The Snow Guys?

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Guys...

As i've only had my 06 hatch 1.6 SR say 4 months now...im still kinda getting used to her...there i was thinking Leicester was getting away with all the bad weather...and then BOOOM...wake up this morning and wow...we've hit bad...took me a good 25mins to get the snow cleared off my rolla...must have been say 10-15cm on the roof alone! Anyway set off really slowly...taking my first left...and then my first right and then as i began to turn in...she started swinging out at the back...lucky the on-coming cars were still some distance away...but it sure woke me up...i was only doing say 10mph...maybe i put my heavy foot down too quickly...(not that i have a heavy foot lol)who knows...but coming home wasnt too bad at 5mph lol!

Anyone else have any stories to tell????

Had that happen to me the other day on a roundabout, back end stepped out and all sorts of beeping going on, good fun though, been out having another go today :lol:

Some ****** in a 1 series drove into my drivers door £100 damage only, 505/50 on fault so not going to bother claiming when the excess is £250!

Could have been worse I suppose.

No near misses.... but plenty of fun playing on the ice!! :lol:

+1 for winter tyres, only got them on the front but havnt got stuck once and i work up in the north yorkshire moors where the weathers been quite bad.

just floor it when the back steps out; helps correct it. although the stability control/traction control doesnt like this!

Just fitted four 205x45x17 winter tyres on the comp yesterday and the difference is unbelievable.

yup ill be the first.... loads of black ice as i exit an underpass im going at 15mph and in front 3 car all skidded sideways, as i brake my rolla skids and bump into drivers door of another car. if they dont write it off it will need a new bumper fog lights bonnet and anything damaged underneath in engine bay. coupple mins later a clio coming quite fast skids when it sees the situation cant control it and rolls and lands on its roof missing all the cars in the middle of carriage way ontop of bushes. it was a miricle that they all got out ok...... but for the main road leaving birmingham it was awful, there had been no gritting done at all. 9 accidents on the same road, around same time that evening police woman told me.

lets see how insurance handle it.

Mines been fine, even with normal tyres! there is a bit of a hill on our street and i wish i got a quid for every car i have had to drive up it. People see the hill, stop then attack it in first then wonder why it spins, just dont stop and keep it in second! I think all FWD cars handle it well its just the drivers that cant. RWD, now thats a different story fun but scary :thumbsup:

coupple mins later a clio coming quite fast skids when it sees the situation cant control it and rolls and lands on its roof missing all the cars in the middle of carriage way ontop of bushes.

This sentence sums it all up really ".... quite fast ....."

when will people learn that you CANNOT drive normally in this weather! you really must be careful and drive according to the conditions....

I'm not even going to bother going out, walking is the key ;)

lol - and good for you apparently - providing of course that you don't fall over :thumbsup:

rolla has been sitting in the drive for 95% of this weather, had to bring it out to do NCT.

back home, wash her and leave her be.

underneath was rubbing like mad on the snow and ice and afraid of damaging the bumper

starbo is my daily at the minute, great wee car, drive through up to a foot of snow and now a bother on her, toyota built one !Removed! brilliant car there :yahoo:

• 3 weeks later...

just a quick update.....Insurance Are contemplating writing the car off as it will cost £4k to fix using original new parts, so until they decide ive already picked up an ford ST....which is remarkably nippy. But i still want a corolla again......

Ive been really impressed with my GTi, my girlfriend and her 2 friends got stranded after a night out in town and I whent and rescued them it had been snowing for ages so it was snow on ice at 4 in the morning and the 4 mile round trip I never really had traction at any point and going up my road wich is about 40deg with 3 passengers in the back spinning up in 3rd steering left to right quickly but it done it and it done it well! very proud of my rolla! :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links