Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heating Issue But Not The Matrix

hooch

Hi all, does anyone have any more idea's with the heating issue. I fitted a new water pump last Friday, then on sat i removed the matrix which was nice hot to clean it. I used limescale remover it but this was not necessary as it was spotless. I fitted an after market matrix about 2 years ago as it had split & had perfect heat for a year or so. Now i have very little & blowing more on passenger side, i have removed the pollen filter which did in increase the air flow for a while but slow becoming worse again. Just wondered if this could be a electronic issue!!! Also the my temp gauge is now taking a long time to hit mid range temp(could just be the cold weather) any thoughts???. when purchased water pump from Mr T, i asked the parts guy if they any issue with the water pump & he said that the impeller had come off so beware + the new 1 i got the casting was slightly different had to cut down to bolts. Any suggestions would be much appreciated Merry Xmas to all & have good new year :thumbsup:

hi i own a MR2 2001 and a week ago the heat went and was freezing in my car and i was told it had a leaky radiator, i out some radwell in and coolant and now fingers crossed still really warm! my tem gauge takes a little while to meet half way but it is rather cold out there so takes a little time to warm up like us! hope that helps?

emma

Hi all, does anyone have any more idea's with the heating issue. I fitted a new water pump last Friday, then on sat i removed the matrix which was nice hot to clean it. I used limescale remover it but this was not necessary as it was spotless. I fitted an after market matrix about 2 years ago as it had split & had perfect heat for a year or so. Now i have very little & blowing more on passenger side, i have removed the pollen filter which did in increase the air flow for a while but slow becoming worse again. Just wondered if this could be a electronic issue!!! Also the my temp gauge is now taking a long time to hit mid range temp(could just be the cold weather) any thoughts???. when purchased water pump from Mr T, i asked the parts guy if they any issue with the water pump & he said that the impeller had come off so beware + the new 1 i got the casting was slightly different had to cut down to bolts. Any suggestions would be much appreciated Merry Xmas to all & have good new year :thumbsup:

hi i own a MR2 2001 and a week ago the heat went and was freezing in my car and i was told it had a leaky radiator, i out some radwell in and coolant and now fingers crossed still really warm! my tem gauge takes a little while to meet half way but it is rather cold out there so takes a little time to warm up like us! hope that helps?

emma

Thanks emmah for the tip, may give it a go as it wouldn't hurt & when i replaced the engine 10,000 miles ago i did see a slight leak @ the bottom of the rad, but seems to have stopped. Thanks again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links