Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mr2 Issues

emmah1979

Hi i brought a 2001 MR2 about 6 weeks ago and now having issues! it is a semi auto so electric clutch and gears on wheel but still has the shift stick anyway when i stop at a junction it wont set off in 1st gear i have to put it into 2nd to get going, and the shift stick is very stiff so have i got a clutch problem? gear box problem? or electrical problem? also can you patch up a radiator? and the calipers toyota say i have one caliper resting on the wheel but they dont know which one and one garage saying the calipers are fine unless i hear a constant sqealing then not to worry! do you think toyota garages are ripping me off there!

please help regarding the gears??

thanks

emma

• 3 weeks later...

The calipers sometimes do stick or bind....you would know that if your pulling when you break (like locking up a front) and your know cos your wheels etc will be seriously hot, just take it to a normal place like a one stop and get them to do a FREE thats FREE break test you dont pay for that.

Radiator

you can get radweld and something similer that basically plugs a hole, but that does depend on the size of the hole, always ask someone in the shop and read the packet to see if its ok to do that on your car, its the cheaper option than a complete new radiator...even if it doesnt solve the problem, atleast youve only spent a fiver.

Your gears i wish i cld help but i cant but as u said it would either be 1 or the other gear box or clutch,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links