Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Display

bonneville

Hi, not had my prius long and am still getting used to it, when driving the Battery display showa the Battery about 3/4 charged and the bars are blue, however on a couple of occasions it has shown fully charged and the bars are green, this doesn't last long then reverts to blue bars, is this anything to cause concern?.

Thank you

Hi, not had my prius long and am still getting used to it, when driving the battery display showa the battery about 3/4 charged and the bars are blue, however on a couple of occasions it has shown fully charged and the bars are green, this doesn't last long then reverts to blue bars, is this anything to cause concern?.

Thank you

Absolutely 100 percent normal! nothing to worry about - they go brown when they get to 2 bars then the engine cuts in!!!!

enjoy! :thumbsup:

The way I understand it is the Battery apparently can never be fully charged or discharged so when your bars show it full it's probably just 75% in real terms and likewise even if it goes into red it's still 40% charged, I think it's made that way to prolong the life of the Battery and seemingly it works very well

Quote:

To get maximum life out of the Prius Battery pack, the car's computer brain does not allow the battery to fully charge or discharge. Toyota says that for the best service life, the Prius battery likes to be kept at about a 60 percent charge. In normal operation, the system usually lets the charge level vary only 10-15 percentage points. Therefore, the battery is rarely more than 75 percent charged, or less than 45 percent charged.

Gents, thankyou for your quick replies to my question, this has put my mind at rest, such an unusual vehicle and so much to learn, so far I am very happy with it.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links