Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Very Sad News

RossGCX

Well last Friday I got the news that a class mate of mine had sadly died,She got cancer when she was 14 but battled through that and was doing really well but last Monday she was rushed to the Aberdeen hospital with a chest infection.The treatment for the cancer had pretty much ruined her lungs so unfortunately the chest infection finally got her.

I was really friendly with her at school and got on with her well but drifted apart after leaving school I did see her at here place of work 6 or so months ago but stupidly never went over and asked her how she was doing really regretting that now.

I was at her funeral yesterday and it was a really beautiful service,on the hymn sheet there was a copy of a painting she had done and it was absolutely stunning,she really enjoyed painting and all the paintings she had done were amazing.

The funeral was really sad,the hardest part was the coffin going out and due to where I was standing it went right past me with Green Day Time of your life playing really got to me.

The family wanted to shake hands with everybody as they went out,I know her mother well and she knows me.

I gave her a big hug,I could tell she really appreciated me being there but its was the least I could do,I stuck 20 quid in the cancer charity box just for good measure.

I could not believe it when I first heard about her dying and I not much different now,totally shocked TBH

I can't get it out of my head,really saddened by the whole thing.

The worst thing is she was only 4 months older than me but she was still only 22 and such a nice person :(

Rest in Peace Donna you certainly deserve it.

I understand your sadness as I have lost a few in my peer group, it is tough.

Time is the best healer so I wish you well.

Sorry for the loss of your friend , like phoenix said time is a healer , i have lost a close friend in the past , he died at the age of 16 , at the time i never thought i would get over it , more recently i lost my nephew who was only 19 years of age , the pain of losing them will never go altogether but it has eased with time .

Remember her as she was; with the good times; and learn from her gifts of being such a nice person.

I am trying to look on the bright side guys but I am finding it very hard to come to terms with it.

.... I am finding it very hard to come to terms with it.

At the start there is no bright side but give it time. Please do not search for a reason as you will never truely find one. Now and again there are times in life that are shitty and we all have to face them. I have lost a neice and nephew from my family and that is not the real order of life but sadly that is what we are dished up with sometimes.

If you need to talk to someone then find a close friend and share your thoughts, a good friend will listen no matter how odd your thoughts may seem at the time.

Retain the good memories and in time you will smile when you remember the person you have lost :yes:

Thanks for your kind words Steve,I am trying to remember the happy times with Donna at school and there were many but I just still can't get over it.

I have been in a foul mood since last night which I don't really know why?I am not normally like that.

I think Donna's funeral has really really rattled me and I don't really know what to do or think,all that I can think about is Donna and her family and the fact that its so unbelievably sad.

I want to go and place some flowers on her grave maybe in the first of the New year and say my final respects.

Sad times indeed but you will get over it. Like others have said, just remember the good times.

I can remember the good times,I was thinking about Donna alot last night well the school years and I really did have very strong feelings for her since I met her at the age of 5.I can remember spending hours in class staring into her beautiful eyes,I did not know it at the time but I think I was in love with her so to speak and she kinda felt the same.I liked all the girls in my class but Donna stood out,those childhood memories stick with you forever.

That could explain why I am finding it really hard.

Sorry to hear of your loss

Maybe it would be a good idea to talk to somebody from this organisation:

http://www.crusebereavementcare.org.uk/

They can provide useful advice on how to share your grief.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am feeing much better about it but I still have a sense of sadness about Donna's cruel death.

This has gone far enough

You have been offered ample good advice on the subject

Topic Closed