Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lift Kits?

SPELLDIG

Hey Folks, anyone know of any lift kits for a 95 RAV 4?

Stuart.

Hi spelldig

Old man emu,do a 1.5" lift kit,...but as the Rav4 in monocoque (however its spelt) ..its not easy to lift,the most i've seen is 2 ",thats a real stretch though.

http://www.taubenreuther.com/?id=05

I've tried myself for last couple of years...but costs to much,& result is'nt great,but with bigger wheels & tyres 70mm above standard could be achieved,but that may result in tyre rub..:rolleyes:

Oh sorry guys, but I can't resist. :angel_not:

2"+ lift easy with the right vehicle. Link

I'll get my coat :!Removed!:

More seriously where on earth are you taking it that needs a lift? Good standard clearance with good front and back ramp angles got me almost everywhere on Dartmoor with my 4.2 and was allied to very good on-road behaviour. I would spend the dosh on putting a bit more grunt under the bonnet and we have some folk here who know all about that, don't we Bothy! :thumbsup:

Happy Christmas :xmas: :xmas:

Mike D

Hey Folks, anyone know of any lift kits for a 95 RAV 4?

Stuart.

Hi spelldig

Old man emu,do a 1.5" lift kit,...but as the Rav4 in monocoque (however its spelt) ..its not easy to lift,the most i've seen is 2 ",thats a real stretch though.

http://www.taubenreuther.com/?id=05

I've tried myself for last couple of years...but costs to much,& result is'nt great,but with bigger wheels & tyres 70mm above standard could be achieved,but that may result in tyre rub..:rolleyes:

Thanks guys, just playing with the idea to be honest. Judging from the feedback it seems I should be looking at spending my money on other things ;)

Thanks guys, just playing with the idea to be honest. Judging from the feedback it seems I should be looking at spending my money on other things ;)

haha - you can lift it a little but as said with bigger wheels too, it will probably lead to tyres rubbing on either lock.

If you have a 3 door version, then the car is pretty light - depending on what you want to do, you could stiffen up the suspension. As you see below, I've modified both RAVs and it has led to a very satisfying performance, even tho the original engine set up was not slow.

• 3 years later...

I am also playing with the idea off lifting my 98 freesport would like to know what the handling is like once done