Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Es Driving Mode.

froggy02

I have to say, much as I am pleased with my Yaris, the manual is one of the most badly written I have ever come across. This particular gripe is about the reference to the ES driving mode and the control button.

Search as I might, I can find no description of what it is or that benefits it gives. Yet there is a section devoted to driving but this particular equipment is not mentioned.

Now, I expect that in some obscure corner under some obscure connection, it is mentioned … but that is not the answer. This is not the first time I have tried to find references to various aspects of the car and its facilities only to find no reference point in the most logical place. As I understand it, the ES mode relates to driving in snow or on ice and the logical place should be 'Winter driving'.

Perhaps I am being lazy and not exercising my mind in Japanese fashion, but if someone can give me guidance it would be much appreciated.

The Es (Easy sport?) button and mode is explained in my handbook, assuming you mean relating to a MMT 'box? It's too cold outside to check at the moment! I'm sure reference is made in the section on the MMT.

Using this mode is meant to give a more "sporty" drive but all that happens is the gearchange occurs at much higher revs allowing more speed in each gear. Of course your fuel consumption will rise accordingly.

I don't want that, so never use it. My D4D average is a very poor and disappointing 49 mpg at the moment using M mode only!? :angry: I dread to think what the mpg would fall to in Es mode. :crybaby:

I agree, the manual is very poor.

Hello mrpj,

And thank you for your reply. I've now found the reference to ES where you suggested it would be. Heaven knows what prompted me to think it had anything to do with snow!

But it proves the point about the manual insofar as it should have appeared in the directory as ES Mode.

I've never read the MMT instructions right through, having been shown how to operate the car. I was amazed at the number of errors, poor grammar and mis-spellings. This is not at all like the Japanese approach to business I am used to. I worked for a Japanese company for some years and was always impressed by their insistence in getting things right. Time Toyota invested in a proof reader.

• 8 years later...

Hello 

My Toyota Yaris 2008 is showing Es on the top of the dash. 
how do I get it off Es mode? 
thanks 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links