Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Emc Fault Code P1349

led barron

I have just bought a 2003 1.6VVTi with 66k on the clock. The eng module control light came on on the way home [20miles] and then went out the next day. I had arrnged to take it to the garage that had recently serviced it as they offered to read the fault. The car had been serviced in Oct and stood idle for 3 months until the sale.I believe the cleaned the trottle body although the revs do not seem to drop quickly when changing gear.

The fault code 1349 VVTi malfunction was reported with no action taken. They said that it could be a software problem.

I have inspected the oil control valve filter ]clean] and checked the risitance [spec6.9-7.9 actual 7.4] WHERE NOW?

Has anyone experience of a sticky oil control valve?

Is it posible to check its operation by connecting a Battery to it?

Should I just take it to the Toyota dealer?

I fear some fault with the mechanical timing control device on the front of the cam that would be stupid expensive?

have you checked ur oil level ?if low that also brings that faults code ? if not sounds like the vvti controller sticking not bad to change can be done in couple of hours if you know that ur doing

Hello mate you could try running a good engine oil flush through it that might help it does sound like the vvt controler is dticking on the camshaft.