Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Stereo Interference

Paul Howes

I have noticed on these dark evenings that when i am running the rear heated window i get a lot of interference on the radio. Does anyone know if this is normal or is it something i should check out/fix?

I have noticed on these dark evenings that when i am running the rear heated window i get a lot of interference on the radio. Does anyone know if this is normal or is it something i should check out/fix?

Not noticed any problem on mine!

The last car I had this problem with was a MKIII Granada that used the read screen heater element as an aerial....

Not had that problem for years, apart from a bad earth on an Aux in for an Ipod connector.....

As above, i've not had this issue on mine.

Sorry thats not much help, except for clarifying that you may have a problem.

Strange problem.

The heated window will put a heavy load on the alternator... so does the interference remain if you just switch the engine off and leave lights and window still on. Is the interference the same on all channels. FM or AM ? Does the noise vary with engine speed ? No real answers for you but it might help narrow it down a bit.

Sounds familiar, had interference when an MMT changed gears, the clutch is electric. Toyota has a mod for the wiring loom and the MMT ECU.

Maybe a similar issue?

Chris

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links