Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 1980 Carina

mikiep

Nice Carina Mike,looks solid enough,are you hoping to restore it back to its original condition?

Many plans for it?

Alot of that model Carina,the TA40's seem to come with the auto boxes,had a few for sale in Ireland recently,all with the auto box.

hey dude . cheers yea it has got the auto box still debating wether to swap it out for a manual box . or a different engine all together?? i am looking and thinking of putting a 3.5 v8 rover engine in it?

decisions decisions

im part restoring it and part modifying it, taking insparation from euro styling and hot rod styling. so its going to be something completly different.

will keep you posted

hey dude . cheers yea it has got the auto box still debating wether to swap it out for a manual box . or a different engine all together?? i am looking and thinking of putting a 3.5 v8 rover engine in it?

decisions decisions

im part restoring it and part modifying it, taking insparation from euro styling and hot rod styling. so its going to be something completly different.

will keep you posted

Oh lad,you'd get shot for talk like that on certain Toyota oldskool forums!

Those cars are hard enough got as it is,leave the standard engine in it to begin with,be a shame to take it out!

Should be interesting alright if you go the hot rod route,let me know if you change your mind or want to sell it at any stage,I love those old Carinas!

• 3 weeks later...

Those Carinas are nice cars, very comfy for that era car.

From memory they are almost as comfy as a Mk 2 Granada (but i was only

ever in one of the latter once).

Saw a Blue pre facelift (4 round headlights - rear number plate under bumper etc) several months

ago - looked cool.

Best of luck with it

Red diesel