Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Keeps Going Flat

azara50

Hi I am new to this forum, I bought a 97 Carina e cd in Oct. 2010, drives great, nice clean car, I only have 1 key, don't even know if it has an alarm, I assume it has an immobiliser, after a couple of weeks, the Battery was flat, I bought a new one, same thing happened, changed the Battery clamps, because the old ones were battered and wouldn't tighten properly, bought a better Battery, today same thing flat as a pancake, could the immobiliser be draining the battery somehow, its confusing, especially when I don't know if the immobiliser works or if there is an alarm, any ideas anyone?

hey dude

easiest way to check the problem . make a makeshift bulb tester with 2 pieces of wire and a bulb holder with a bulb in it . . .

well take the negative wire off the Battery (leaving the positive on the battery) connect the bulb tester between these (bridge the negative terminals) then the bulb should light up . upon this go through each fuse individually taking them out and putting them back in, once the bulb goes out that is the circuit loosing power, thus investiagting upon that circuitry whats loosing power .

hope this helps mike

Sounds like the alternator has depolarised and instead of charging it is draining when not running. Could be wrong but worth checking.

thanks for the replies, I am buying a Battery conditioner for now and see how that goes, I might call out an auto electrician to check it out, I've used him before and he is really good.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links