Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Xt-R 2007 Engine Idle - Strange Noise...

karenp

I've just bought a 2007 RAV4 XT-R and am really pleased with it. But I have noticed that when the engine has warmed up and I'm stationary, I can hear a noise which I can only describe as a whistling kettle starting up. It's not loud but it happens every 20 seconds or so until I move off. It might continue but I guess Ii wouldn't hear it over normal engine noise. Anyone had anything similar ? Is this normal? Before i go and try and describe it to the dealer I bought it from and have them look at me like I'm a stupid female, I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Could be a number of things but i would let the dealer sort it for you that's what they are there for,can't understand why they didn't pick it up on the PDI,welcome from me too :)

Welcome to the club Karen.

Try turning the heater off to start with and if that doesn't work just try turning the headlights and heated rear windscreen on to load the alternator.

If you lift the bonnet can you hear it louder?

Thanks all.

Taking it in tomorrow for them to check, I did ask them if it could be the turbo but they said it didn't sound like it and to take it in for them to check. Will be interested to find out what it is.

I have an intake roar under load and can here the turbo working on mine.

It might just be me being in tune to my car though.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links