Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Forget Xenons What About...

bluesifi

Instead of fitting xenons does or has anyone fitted normal bulbs that improve the dipped beam?

And if you have can you tell me in laymans terms which product you used and where from? please

This and the interior light which i have tried to change, but has a special round bulb installed on a small circuit board, which i could not change with a normal led

any help is much appreciated

There are a lot of decent bulbs out there.

Ring have released a 'xenon max' 100% extra light range of bulbs which are meant to be pretty good, i'm about to buy some next week.

My previous car had Osram nightbreakers which were very good.

Others are available with equally good results, but auto express magazine test them annually so keep an eye out for the results.

I had Xenons on my previous car and will be looking at an upgrade some time soon.....

Hi. I have bougth these bulbs http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=10

Only problem is, you have to snap of a tab on the bulb. if you compare the old with the new bulb, it is easy to see.

(Sorry my bad english, i am from Denmark.)

Instead of fitting xenons does or has anyone fitted normal bulbs that improve the dipped beam?

And if you have can you tell me in laymans terms which product you used and where from? please

This and the interior light which i have tried to change, but has a special round bulb installed on a small circuit board, which i could not change with a normal led

Ring have released a 'xenon max' 100% extra light range of bulbs which are meant to be pretty good, i'm about to buy some next week.

Others are available with equally good results, but auto express magazine test them annually so keep an eye out for the results.

hi daveyonthemove,

called at FOCUS DIY just before xmas to get some energy saving bulbs.they only had 2 of the ones i wanted,i asked when they would be getting some more in,they were made by RING so guess its the same company you mentioned.

the sales assistent told me they have gone bust.so may pay to keep clear of them, should you need to return a bulb thats faulty.

found the box up for one of the bulbs i got and its says RING are/were in leeds.

• 2 weeks later...

hi daveyonthemove,

called at FOCUS DIY just before xmas to get some energy saving bulbs.they only had 2 of the ones i wanted,i asked when they would be getting some more in,they were made by RING so guess its the same company you mentioned.

the sales assistent told me they have gone bust.so may pay to keep clear of them, should you need to return a bulb thats faulty.

found the box up for one of the bulbs i got and its says RING are/were in leeds.

Hi,

Sorry, i didn't ignore this post, i just lost track of it until now.

Yes, it looks like they are the same company:

http://www.ringautomotive.co.uk/product_list.asp?cat1=11&cat2=78&cat3=217

I have the car bulbs now and they work just fine, and for the price (under £35 for two sets) they seem to be good value.

I wasn't aware that they had gone bust, but that isn't necessarily down to poor quality products, it could be for all sorts of reasons.

On the flip side, the bulbs could well be a lot cheaper now and worth a punt?!

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have bougth these bulbs http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=10

Only problem is, you have to snap of a tab on the bulb. if you compare the old with the new bulb, it is easy to see.

i hope this works, otherwise ive just wasted 20 pounds :(

i hope this works, otherwise ive just wasted 20 pounds :(

xenon effect !

original bulbs are better

& chinese xenon kits much better but forbidden ...:toast: