Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fault Code

paigerich

Got a 2007 Corolla Colour Collection, 2.0 D4D. Had the engine management light come on, car stalled, but started and ran fine. Light went out when warm. This has happened 3 or 4 times over the last 3 weeks of extremely cold weather (fault always occurs when car is cold)

Had car checked today and got 2 codes from computer. P0093 (severe fuel leak) and P0607 (control module performance) For the record there is no leak on car....had it checked. The computer was also cleared.

Has anyone encountered these codes? Has anyone experienced this type of error? Could the cold weather have caused it? Are there any recalls on this part? (USA websites say there's an 80,000 mile warranty on this part?)

Any help would be appreciated

Richard

Got a 2007 Corolla Colour Collection, 2.0 D4D. Had the engine management light come on, car stalled, but started and ran fine. Light went out when warm. This has happened 3 or 4 times over the last 3 weeks of extremely cold weather (fault always occurs when car is cold)

Had car checked today and got 2 codes from computer. P0093 (severe fuel leak) and P0607 (control module performance) For the record there is no leak on car....had it checked. The computer was also cleared.

Has anyone encountered these codes? Has anyone experienced this type of error? Could the cold weather have caused it? Are there any recalls on this part? (USA websites say there's an 80,000 mile warranty on this part?)

Any help would be appreciated

Richard

Hello matey i have seen a similar thing recently,but not with those codes.The fuel lift pump in the tank has a gause filter on it you may have to remove the lower case of the pump to access it but its only a couple of clips,i have seen a thick black build up that floats in the tank it looks like mould and it gets draw into the fuel pump gause and blocks it causing cutting out and lack of power also it can flag up fault codes for faulty fuel injectors and faulty EDU (electronic driver unit).

You can gain access to the pump under the rear seat there is an inspection panel,if you do find that this is the problem after you have cleaned the pump i would advise to replace the fuel filter also

Fuel filter could be freezing up.

We have had a few ford rangers in with vehicle cutting out an em light on, check the codes an large fuel leak detected but no leak, the fix for us is a heated fuel filter.

It sounds very similar, ring toyota and see if there are any recalls or bulletins for this happening.

Thanks fellas......I've decided to take it to my local Toyota dealer. I've already spent £25 to get some codes which could lead anywhere. The car is still losing power, the light is still coming on then going off when engine is warm.

What I should done is gone to Toyota first, they only charge £40 to diagnose, but I already did £25

:(

Thanks anyway.....fingers crossed it a simple fix

Thanks fellas......I've decided to take it to my local Toyota dealer. I've already spent £25 to get some codes which could lead anywhere. The car is still losing power, the light is still coming on then going off when engine is warm. £25 isn't much but I don't want to waste any more.

What I should have done is gone to Toyota first, they only charge £40 to diagnose, but I already did £25

:(

Thanks anyway.....fingers crossed it a simple fix

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links