Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Crack In Windscreen

Nath_c

I recently noticed a crack in my windscreen, started from underneath the rubber seal at the very top. Im thinking the cold weather may have caused this but unsure. The last couple of days its began to spread quite rapidly as im driving, so now i need a new windscreen. Any ideas were to try for a cheaper price? i live in yorkshire. Any rough ideas how much this ay cost me?

Usually covered on your insurance.

Typically just a £60 excess for glass (different to main excess) and it doesn't count as a claim against your "No Claims" entitlement.

You'd need to check your specifics with your own policy but that's the norm....

There are a number of threads on Yaris windscreens - seems that there are severay different ones and they're not interchangeable. I remember a few "kafufles" in previous discussions where the mobile windscreen services brought the wrong ones or were out of stock of the specific one needed...

They're also usually glued in these days so you'd need to have it professionally fitted anyway....

Thanks alfiejts for your input, much appreciated! I will be making sure they have the correct windscreen the first time round then haha

Thanks!!!

As above, if you've got fully comp insurance then go through them and pay the windscreen excess. Chances are that it'll be autoglass and they'll bring you a Pilkington screen. Inspect it carefully BEFORE they fit it as chances are it'll be like looking through a coke bottle. Then insist on a Toyota screen and wait a month till they get it. That was my experience anyway. They'll swear blind the rubbish parts they use are equal quality to original parts but they arent.

Make sure you know if your car is Jap or French as that also makes a difference but they should be able to tell from your reg plate/VIN.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links