Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question Re Keys And Satnav Disks

capnbirdseye

Finally collecting my 2007 Prius T.Spirit on Wednesday, A couple of questions are: how many key fobs should there be and how many DVD's for the satnav ? Looking on various forums there seems to be variations in the number of disks

also should there be a wheel nut unlocking key & if so where should it be stowed

Hi Capn,On my gen 11 T spirit it came with 2 key fobs & a little plate with the key number on,also I think it came with 3 other discs plus the one in the sat nav itself.Also a disc for showing you how to use the parking system.

Enjoy your new car.

Kind Regards

exguitarman

Hi my Gen 2 came with the same 2 keyfobs with a metal tag with a code on it , the locking wheel nut came in a flat black box about 4 inches by 3 it was in the glove box maybe yours has been put with the spare tire. 1 disc in the satnav and 1 disc showing you how to use the auto reverse parking.

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll make sure to check when they hand the vehicle over :thumbsup:

Also check the screw-in tow hook is in the cubby hole part of the boot.

I got 3 SAT Nav DVDs for different areas of Europe. The UK/France etc was installed in the SAt/Nav the 2 others in the DVD case in the glove box.. Two key fobs as stated earlier. The locking wheel nut remover was in a box in the glove compartment.

Yep, just picked mine up the other day and there's a box in the glovebox with 2 or 3 DVD disks in it. Then in the manual wallet there's a DVD explaining how to use the reverse parking thingy. Got two keys.

You should love it, I've been really pleased with mine. So far after 150 miles it's averaged 55 to the gallon according to the display.

Picked up mine today, wheelnut key is missing so they had to order one for delivery asap.

Confusion over the satnav discs as the bloke says only one is provided and you simply select the country you are in to display the mapping for that area, he reckons late 2007 it was changed to one disc only which I find hard to believe but my friends brand new 20010 spirit doesn't have extra discs so maybe he's right?

Picked up mine today, wheelnut key is missing so they had to order one for delivery asap.

Confusion over the satnav discs as the bloke says only one is provided and you simply select the country you are in to display the mapping for that area, he reckons late 2007 it was changed to one disc only which I find hard to believe but my friends brand new 20010 spirit doesn't have extra discs so maybe he's right?

There are different versions of Sat Nav depending on age of vehicle. The update discs cost as much as a sat nav unit and is the one thing that will get every Toyota owner :censor:

The map update site is at hereThe full part No is shown on the disk already loaded. Obviously every update replaces an older disc, so perhaps the previous owner has kept them? Or has he been lavish and brought one for Europe? Discs are often found on an auction site, but you have no idea whether they are from an owner seeking to recover some of the small fortune incurred on a new disc or a copy. The Disc unit is under the passenger eat accessed from the rear seat.

There are different versions of Sat Nav depending on age of vehicle. The update discs cost as much as a sat nav unit and is the one thing that will get every Toyota owner :censor:

The map update site is at hereThe full part No is shown on the disk already loaded. Obviously every update replaces an older disc, so perhaps the previous owner has kept them? Or has he been lavish and brought one for Europe? Discs are often found on an auction site, but you have no idea whether they are from an owner seeking to recover some of the small fortune incurred on a new disc or a copy. The Disc unit is under the passenger eat accessed from the rear seat.

some posters above did get extra satnav discs however so I wonder if they came with the vehicle or were purchased as an extra. To make things worse the salesman said that the whole of Europe is on the one disk and you select the country you are in on the screen to load it's maps

Our Prius had a previous owner but the car only had 1,700 miles on the clock. I did buy from a Toyota dealer.I got 3 discs with it.(SEE NOTE BELOW). One for UK France Germany, another for southern Europe, Southern Italy etc. I think the other does the Baltic & Russia areas. I have never queried if they were extras.

My son goes to Europe a lot in his Prius and has only ever needed the first disc I mentioned. I will check with him how many discs he got as he purchased his car from new.

NOTE: Just checked how many discs came with my car and there are FOUR. I wonder if the first owner got them as extras.????

I've had a fiddle around with the satnav and brought up a map of Europe and buttons with various countries on, I selected Sweden and it highlighted it on the map. I also noticed that depending on which country you select - either 1,2 or 3 appears in the corner of the screen as tho all three discs are in an autochanger under the seat? our car was first reg Nov 07 so maybe they changed the way the satnav works from earlier ones?

I thought no more about it but when we went for a drive to try the car out we went to set our destination by typing the first letters or so and all the destinations that appeared were Swedish !

Hi the 2010 Prius uses a hardrive for Sat Nav so no disc is required.

As far as I can remember for my Gen2 I got one disk for the satnav and one to show me how to use the intelligent park assist... the satnav disk was UK/Europe

As Ian says, the Gen3 has hard drive which used for audio as well, you can burn cd's on to the hard drive, so far I've got 15 on there and still loads of space!!

A bit more searching on the net shows that in single DVD satnav versions 2007/08 are dual layer so presumably most of Europe is squeezed on to the one disk