Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Price - Opinions Please?

adamc260

Contacted me local Toyota dealer to get a quote for the Service plan they do (you pay monthly sort of thing)

They quoted about £700 for 3 services paid monthly 0% interest (For the 2nd (Full), 3rd (Intermediate) and 4th (Full) services) along with my first MOT for free when its due up

Would you say thats reasonable or stupidly over priced?

its for a 2009 - 1.33 Petrol Auris

when i bought my auris in june from benfield toyota leeds i paid about £345 up front for my 30/40/50k services which i think was a great deal

Did you buy it brand new? Its just a leaflet I noticed when I popped in the dealership recently. I bought my car used not from Toyota

Depends on what it covers and how much the service normally costs.

There is a set price for the major and minor services (I think it's something like ~£100 minor and ~£200 major for my Yaris D4D; I'd have to dig out me service docs to check) so if the service plan matches that it'll be okay (Esp. since VAT increase will probably push the cost up after new years!)

If the service plan also covers some things which aren't part of the standard service (things like gearbox and clutch/brake fluid changes, brake pads etc.) then it's a great deal, but IIRC it is just paying for services in advance at a pre-agreed on price.

Did you buy it brand new? Its just a leaflet I noticed when I popped in the dealership recently. I bought my car used not from Toyota

no i bought my auris used, just over 2 years old, and had done 22k.

£345 for 3 services was too good a price to turn down,considering my local,non toyota garage charges well over £100 for a minor service, and dosnt use toyota parts

no i bought my auris used, just over 2 years old, and had done 22k.

£345 for 3 services was too good a price to turn down,considering my local,non toyota garage charges well over £100 for a minor service, and dosnt use toyota parts

Thats an awesome deal then!

Thats an awesome deal then!

Guys, you have got to compare like for like.

The £345 price included 2 Intermediate services & 1 Major service. The £700 price included 2 MAJOR services & 1 INTERMEDIATE service, hence the difference in qoutes. Also hourly rates at garages do differ depending on your location etc.

If it helps, my qoute for 20K, 30K & 40K (2 Major & 1 Intermediate service) based on an annual 10K mileage was £614. It's a good idea as it helps to spread the costs evenly over the year :thumbsup:

So a major service costs £300+ more .. =/?

Using your calculation that would put the cost of a Int Svs at £14 :huh:

A ball park figure, based on a Corolla, would be Int Svs about £80 & Major about £260, but bear in mind that the 20 & 40 K services are not identical as additional work is done on the 40K.

Ask your dealer for a break down of the figures he's arrived at. I think you will find that it goes something along the lines of total cost of next three services divided by the number of months the plan covers, this will give you your monthly cost.

The £345 price included 2 Intermediate services & 1 Major service. The £700 price included 2 MAJOR services & 1 INTERMEDIATE service

So by changing an intermediate for a major, makes the price £355 more?

I was given the quotes back in September when I still had my Auris..and I found the print out:

40k - 254.19

50k - 134.78

60k - 244.06

Total: 633.03

That bas back in Sep but now with new VAT the prices will go up. I was also told by dealer that there will be price increase on labour etc on top of new VAT. It was for 1.6 VVT-i so diesel and new v-matic is going to be more expensive.

Surely later services cost more as more needs to be done... which tells me the quote is high then

I'll just ask the dealer what they can do and wait and see

Thank you everyone :D!! Happy new year btw

I was also told by dealer that there will be price increase on labour etc on top of new VAT. It was for 1.6 VVT-i so diesel and new v-matic is going to be more expensive.

Qouted price will increase with vat increase BUT any labour & or parts prices qouted for the duration of the service plan should not change!

If you buy a plan then no price increase will affect you. If you decide to take each service separately then you will be affected by price change in VAT, labour etc. The idea of having plan is to lock the prices (inflation proof). You may also get a discount for buying all 3 services as dealer knows you will be returning for business. It will be easier for them to sell you something else- a car, an insurance or a key ring.

I was given the quotes back in September when I still had my Auris..and I found the print out:

40k - 254.19

50k - 134.78

60k - 244.06

Total: 633.03

That bas back in Sep but now with new VAT the prices will go up. I was also told by dealer that there will be price increase on labour etc on top of new VAT. It was for 1.6 VVT-i so diesel and new v-matic is going to be more expensive.

why will the v-matic be more expensive than the 1.6 vvt-i, what difference does an extra gear make (6 speed)

or am i missing something ?

Don't know in UK, here in Portugal there are may differences.

For example, the 45000 kilometers (shoule your 30k miles) service, I had a price of 210€. Made it in another Toyota offical place for 150€..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links