Do Not Sell My Personal Information

17" Wheel

allycomet

Yes I know this is a subject that has been thrashed to death :D

I have a spare 225/65/17 Geolander so I am looking for a wheel to fit it on. I know quite a lot of you out there have sourced spares in the past. Where did you get yours? Remember in this case cheapest IS best :thumbsup:

If you are just looking for something to mount a tyre on, then steel wheel on ebay

Edit: I've just looked to see what the 2010 XTR's alloys look like, and they seem to be a 17" version of the T180's, in which case you can get a non-OEM alloy from Performance Alloys

I just watched for a 4.3 wheel on eBay. It isn't exactly the same but you hardly notice as a spare.

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched for a 4.3 wheel on ebay. It isn't exactly the same but you hardly notice as a spare.

Hi, from looking at the previous posts on here with carrying the spare wheel rather than using the Toyota supplied gunk to inflate and wreck your tyre, Im going to go for a spare wheel.

BUT on looking on eBay etc, where can I get one from? These dont seem to come up very often?

Am expecting a wee nipper in a few months and dont want to be on the side of the road, kicking the tyre when I can just put on a spare andbe done with it, then just get the punctured one repaired.

Any ideas? Ive tried breakers, laugheed at MR T's price!

Any suggestions welcome..would like to get one with a tyre and with rim not too mangled either!

Thanks in advance :)

I just watched for a 4.3 wheel on ebay. It isn't exactly the same but you hardly notice as a spare.

Hi, from looking at the previous posts on here with carrying the spare wheel rather than using the Toyota supplied gunk to inflate and wreck your tyre, Im going to go for a spare wheel.

BUT on looking on eBay etc, where can I get one from? These dont seem to come up very often?

Am expecting a wee nipper in a few months and dont want to be on the side of the road, kicking the tyre when I can just put on a spare andbe done with it, then just get the punctured one repaired.

Any ideas? Ive tried breakers, laugheed at MR T's price!

Any suggestions welcome..would like to get one with a tyre and with rim not too mangled either!

Thanks in advance :)

If you are in a hurry you could get one of these:LINK

Otherwise just keep watching e-bay until an alloy comes up :thumbsup:

Try an alloy wheels shop - they often replace wheels and then keep good alloys as the sale price for secondhand is better than scrap value. I know I mustn't mention but theres a guy in Glasgow who also has a shop in Edinburgh ... and I buy alloys from him..sometimes new and sometimes used ones. Names Ian and if you are interested then best to PM me in case the moderators don't like me mentioning his name Ian Autoimage

He has been very helpful in the past....and can contact his network to see if anyone has a comparable wheel

I might be selling one myself in a couple of weeks!

If you are just looking for something to mount a tyre on, then steel wheel on ebay

Edit: I've just looked to see what the 2010 XTR's alloys look like, and they seem to be a 17" version of the T180's, in which case you can get a non-OEM alloy from Performance Alloys

Thanks for the replies folks.

Just received a steel spare that I ordered direct from Pentagon Toyota instead of through their shop on eBay. Saved a couple of quid! Dropped it off at the local tyre fitters earlier today :thumbsup:

Thanks for the replies folks.

Just received a steel spare that I ordered direct from Pentagon Toyota instead of through their shop on eBay. Saved a couple of quid! Dropped it off at the local tyre fitters earlier today :thumbsup:

Hi,interested in you buying a spare steel rim, how well does it fit in the boot ? we do a few runs up to Skye from sheffield every year & am crapping my self with the thought of a tyre puncture or blow out 450 mile from home,the chance of getting a tyre fitted any where in this country worries me, with these bridgstone chariot steel rim mounted things,need to get a back up plan,but can`t decide what is best?????

Hi,interested in you buying a spare steel rim, how well does it fit in the boot ? we do a few runs up to Skye from sheffield every year & am crapping my self with the thought of a tyre puncture or blow out 450 mile from home,the chance of getting a tyre fitted any where in this country worries me, with these bridgstone chariot steel rim mounted things,need to get a back up plan,but can`t decide what is best?????

T180 alloy on ebay.

Unfortunately it's bidding and not "Buy It Now". Still worth a shot.

Then just get a General Grabber fitted onto it.

You can get 4 wheels and tyres standing upright in the back of a T180. The best way for me is to have the spare tied up on the driver's side so that it doesn't interfere with my rear view, and it's out of the way when the door opens. Having the spare sitting flat makes it awkward loading stuff.

Sorry to threadjack but I didn't think this deserved a thread of it's own...

Just looked at my spare on my xt5 And its an alloy the same as the rest. Is this standard or has the previous owner optioned up?

Just been in Mr T's, WKB in Chichester, trying to decide whether to have a Forester or another Rav and they are going to try the Avensis space saver on a new Rav next week. That may the answer I need to sway me back to Mr T's finest.

I will let you know...

Just looked at my spare on my xt5 And its an alloy the same as the rest. Is this standard or has the previous owner optioned up?

Apologies for being so thoughtless. I'll PM you future questions before posting :huh:

Apologies for being so thoughtless. I'll PM you future questions before posting :huh:

Sorry, I thought I was doing everyone a favour by not adding to the main page a thread that only needs one reply and is such a similar subject to this one.

In future I'll just start a new one.

BTW - sarcasm is the lowest form of wit...

Sorry, I thought I was doing everyone a favour by not adding to the main page a thread that only needs one reply and is such a similar subject to this one.

When I first read your response my initial thought was that the original question did not deserve a post. Sorry if there was any misunderstanding on my behalf.

Ah, but at least sarcasm is a form of wit. :D. (I'm joking chaps!).

Ben, in answer to your question, the spares have, as far as I know always been full wheels. i.e. you should have a set of 5 identical wheels.

I *think* there may have been an option on some of the US models, where the spare wheel carrier was a bit thinner, carrying a thinner wheel.

T180 alloy on ebay.

You can get 4 wheels and tyres standing upright in the back of a T180. The best way for me is to have the spare tied up on the driver's side so that it doesn't interfere with my rear view, and it's out of the way when the door opens. Having the spare sitting flat makes it awkward loading stuff.

Cheers for that,makes sense to stand a spare up rather than lay down.any one any idea if the standard alloy wheel bolt/nut will fit ok to a steel rim if i buy 1 for a spare ??

Cheers for that,makes sense to stand a spare up rather than lay down.any one any idea if the standard alloy wheel bolt/nut will fit ok to a steel rim if i buy 1 for a spare ??

I bought a spare steel wheel here. It came with 5 nuts. Don't know if existing nuts are compatible or not. BTW the wheel looks much better than the pic (which obviously is a 4 stud). It is more of a 5 spoke affair. If you like I will post a pic when I get it back from tyre fitters.

I'm confused (isn't hard). I thought dropping another related question into a thread was OK - or am I getting off topic?

On the 5th alloy, I'd guess that its been bought...but then I'm not that au fait with newer RAVs.

I'm confused (isn't hard). I thought dropping another related question into a thread was OK - or am I getting off topic?

On the 5th alloy, I'd guess that its been bought...but then I'm not that au fait with newer RAVs.

It is...

The OP thought I meant his original question didn't deserve a thread, whereas I meant my question didn't.

Just a misunderstanding.

All good now. Thanks for the replies about the wheel.

there are 4 lexus 17" alloys currently on eabay Buy now @ £50 each, you would have to check fitment, see LINK might do as spares :thumbsup: Stew

T180 alloy on ebay.

More for sale on ebay: