Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Needed

cmw1983

2001 Celica

Got 2 fault codes coming up

P0300 - Multible cylinder misfire

P0303 - Cylinder 3 misfire

I've tried swapping the plugs and coils over but it is still coming up as Cylinder 3 so don't think its either of those, Has anyone had anything similer or got any ideas what it can be or is likely to be

Much appriciated

Having done a search I've found out the following - hope this helps

A code P0303 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plug or wire - Faulty coil - Faulty oxygen sensor- Faulty fuel injector - Burned exhaust valve

Faulty catalytic converter - Running out of fuel - Poor compression - Defective computer

A code P0300 may mean that one or more of the following has happened:

Faulty spark plugs or wires - Faulty coil - Faulty oxygen sensor - Faulty fuel injector - Burned exhaust valve

Faulty catalytic converter - Stuck/blocked EGR valve / passages - Faulty camshaft position sensor - defective computer

If there are no symptoms, the simplest thing to do is to reset the code and see if it comes back.

If there are symptoms such as the engine is stumbling or hesitating, check all wiring and connectors that lead to the cylinders (i.e. spark plugs). Depending on how long the ignition components have been in the car, it may be a good idea to replace them as part of your regular maintenance schedule. I would suggest spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor (if applicable). Otherwise, check the coils (a.k.a. coil packs). In some cases, the catalytic converter has gone bad. If you smell rotten eggs in the exhaust, your cat converter needs to be replaced. I've also heard in other cases the problems were faulty fuel injectors.

Had similar on mine and it turned out to be the injector, pop the plug to it (the injector not the spark plug) and see if it makes a difference, I also used the old fashioned method of using a long screwdriver like a stethoscope and couldn't hear it ticking like the others ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links