Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Go In White!

AygoIronman

Satnav is a bit useless thing in Aygo unless you deliver pizzas or travel long distances without knowing the way. As a commuter Aygo doesn't need one.

But I would buy Aygo Go because I could have it in white :drool:

Mord mate, that's a bit patronising really. There are some people who have Aygo's who can't afford two cars and have to use the Aygo for everything! For them, the satnav is as essential as someone with a Jag or whatever....

:thumbsup:

Fair enough. I didn't think about Aygo as the only car.

No probs - a single cheap car will come to all of us one day :angry:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wh1teLeopard

• Jan&tone

• Mord

• AYGOgummy

If the prices of petrol, road tax and insurance keep rising at this rate then I may think about having just one car :crybaby:

For commuting me and my wife use her Aygo (she works mornings, I work evenings) and we DON'T NEED two cars. My car is just a weekend toy and long distance holiday ride, expensive one though - £235 road tax, £720 FC insurance (Aygo £20 and £280) :unsure: My Astra does up to 5k miles / year (44k miles at the moment), Aygo does 8-9k miles / year (20k miles at the moment).

The problem is once or twice a year we do 1000-2600 mile round trips. It's a bit too much for little Aygo.

If the prices of petrol, road tax and insurance keep rising at this rate then I may think about having just one car :crybaby:

For commuting me and my wife use her Aygo (she works mornings, I work evenings) and we DON'T NEED two cars. My car is just a weekend toy and long distance holiday ride, expensive one though - £235 road tax, £720 FC insurance (Aygo £20 and £280) :unsure: My Astra does up to 5k miles / year (44k miles at the moment), Aygo does 8-9k miles / year (20k miles at the moment).

The problem is once or twice a year we do 1000-2600 mile round trips. It's a bit too much for little Aygo.

I know exactly what you mean! today is the first time this year that my wife needed her car on a working day (I only work 2 days a week) so I had to get the Prius out to come to work!

the Aygo does around 9-10k per year, as you say, 20 quid road tax but 180 insurance...

the Prius does around 5-6k per year - nil road tax and 220 insurance... so at the moment we can afford 2, however...... there will come a time when one car is needed and probably a cheap one (us pensioners are not made of money, despite what the govt says) and frankly I've no idea what that is likely to be.... maybe a horse if petrol prices keep going up :yahoo:

Satnav is a bit useless thing in Aygo unless you deliver pizzas or travel long distances without knowing the way. As a commuter Aygo doesn't need one.

But I would buy Aygo Go because I could have it in white :drool:

Like Jan&tone said, a bit patronising. I use sat nav on my iPhone sometimes - just the same as anybody else who uses sat nav! It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the car. People use their cars for all sorts of reasons, and sometimes commuting will involve going to an unfamiliar place, or somebody who travels around a lot with their work might need it too. :thumbsup:

2011 Aygo has the black B pillar, subtle trim changes inside (rear door bins, some slight grain and colour changes).

Better Speakers are apparently fitted as well.

The engine has undergone subtle emissions targetted changes - CO2 emmissions are reduced slightly as said by another poster, but the "big" news is the combined fuel consumption is improved from 61.4 to 62.8 mpg.

The Aygo Go feature not mentioned so far is the very nice leather steering wheel and gearshift as standard. The satnav is TomTom based and very easy to update etc. It also includes bluetooth hands free calling and a USB port. No other Aygo's have a USB port. There are also the previously mentioned 6 spoke alloys and privacy glass. Air con and metallic paint are options though at extra cost.

I know all this because mine arrives next week.

I wonder if you'll get yours before I get mine (which was meant to be here this week :crybaby: )

Did notice the demo car and the blue that the newer shaped Aygo's don't appear to have any Speakers in the back? :unsure:

2011 Aygo has the black B pillar, subtle trim changes inside (rear door bins, some slight grain and colour changes).

Better speakers are apparently fitted as well.

The engine has undergone subtle emissions targetted changes - CO2 emmissions are reduced slightly as said by another poster, but the "big" news is the combined fuel consumption is improved from 61.4 to 62.8 mpg.

The Aygo Go feature not mentioned so far is the very nice leather steering wheel and gearshift as standard. The satnav is TomTom based and very easy to update etc. It also includes bluetooth hands free calling and a USB port. No other Aygo's have a USB port. There are also the previously mentioned 6 spoke alloys and privacy glass. Air con and metallic paint are options though at extra cost.

I know all this because mine arrives next week.

Show off :drool:

Lucky so n so :drool:

You don't say what colour you ordered?

We will of course expect pictures, a full road test, etc :thumbsup:

Went to the dealership today to sort out my private plate and there were two demo cars parked outside.

However the staff were buzzing around and giving me funny looks, so I apologise for the photos but they were watching me hehe

The back:

IMAG0284.jpg?t=1295005614

alloys and the black pillar

IMAG0286.jpg?t=1295005684

Sorry about the reflection of me and my silly handbag but the interior (notice the colour of the air vents)

IMAG0283.jpg?t=1295005719

Thanks for the pics!! I wonder if the side protection strips are standard?

I hope not.. they are ugly. They would look OK only on a black car.

Went to the dealership today to sort out my private plate and there were two demo cars parked outside.

"However the staff were buzzing around and giving me funny looks, so I apologise for the photos but they were watching me hehe"

Would like to thank you for contributing to the club, and taking the time, and trouble to post photos on the site. As in the original Aygo White advert. I notice you have the alloys for the car, and like another mentioned they weere steel wheels. They look good on the car. Watch out for kerbing them though as they the "spokes" on the wheel seem to protrude from the wheel.

I only posted the advert as I ve NEVER seen a white Aygo before. There is a white C1 in my street, and it looks very classy in white.

About time Toyota got more colours out in their Aygo range. :thumbsup:

I hope not.. they are ugly. They would look OK only on a black car.

They are certainly not ugly, have got them on my Aygo blue and they do there purpose very well as the lady driver of the corsa who recently opened her drivers door onto my passenger door will agree, much better than a nasty dent in my door.

Side strips are optional extras, part of the 'protection pack', comes with mud flaps and rear parking sensors.

Have a collection date for my white one now... 2.30pm on Wednesday :yahoo:

Side strips are optional extras, part of the 'protection pack', comes with mud flaps and rear parking sensors.

Have a collection date for my white one now... 2.30pm on Wednesday :yahoo:

Wahey, that's my birthday! Coincidence, make sure you pop some pictures on here when you get it! And enjoy it! :)

The dealer offered for me to collect mine today, but work related reasons prevent me collecting it for a week or so.

My car has the optional air-con, and also metallic paint ( I specified Carbon Quartz). I saw a white one in the flesh and although it looked good, white has a long history of being a "fashion colour" which is all the rage one year then untouchable the next.

The trade is already finding that values of white cars secondhand are dipping a bit compared to a year ago, so it seems the current fascination with white may be coming to a close.

I would say to anybody buying one of these cars to bargain very hard, as I did. I got three internet price quotes in writing from brokers and I visited three Toyota dealerships in person and telephoned a further nine. The best price in the end was from a delear at the other end of the country but my local delear was very good and matched it and then bettered it. As well as a substantial discount (well into four figures) I got subsidised low rate finance and three years free servicing.

January is a grim month for the motor trade, and it remains very much a buyers market at the moment.

Well we've always liked white cars, and would rather have a colour we like that a colour everyone else thinks we should have

:thumbsup:

Our current one is carbon quartz.

Picked a Chilli red 5 door Aygo Go MMT up on Friday, with protection pack (Front Foglights and door entry scuffplates) and a/c fitted - so far very pleased. Rear privacy glass is quiet heavily tinted, can just about see into the back seats throught it from the outside.

Tom Tom Sat Nav is good, linked up mobile phone via bluetooth to it, answer calls by tapping screen to accept incoming calls. Transferred phone book from mobile as well, but not had chance to make a call from it.

Also linked upto ipod Nano via built in ipod connector in glovebox (there is also a USB connector) , you can display tracks information on screen from the nano and control it using CD/radio buttons.

Compared to Daughters 55 reg Aygo, seems to be quieter inside with smoother auto gear changes (maybe cuase its new...!?) and doors seem to close with more off a thunk.

Dealer had filled the fuek tank, so far 78 miles and stll showing full tank.

Only problem has beenobtaining insurance - not been listed on many companies sites at the time taking insurance out, hopefully better now.

Still Early Days, will post any further discoveries as they are found :thumbsup:

...since she didn't need it he swapped out the center console panels with ease...

Just a matter of removing the blower know, undoing the screw, prying off the panel, undoing the plugs on the radio (power, speakers ad antenna) and swapping them over.

You make it sound so easy; any chance of some pictures of the process for like me folk who are less gifted and more cack-handed? :)

What TomTom is fitted to the Aygo?

Does it have the LIVE services or is it just a basic?

Personally I don't see the point of supplying a car with a limited satnav that can also be removed from the car. Considering you can pick up a TomTom very cheaply now what will happen when the fitted one breaks down? Will probably cost £300+ for a replacement and will screw up the resale value if you don't have it.

Also there will be a lot of these being broken into if the holder is folded down on the off chance that the unit is also in there.

The satnav should be fully integrated or be a standalon unit, instead what you have here is the worse of both solutions to satnav (ie a custom unit that you have to remove when you park and probably cannot be upgraded).

Briefly plugged an 8gb Lexar USB drive with music on it into USB cable - recognised USB device, but would not play.

Have to check manual to see if any more info about the USB port.

On the plus side ipod connection /control works very well - all sorts of options to sort and play music.

• 3 weeks later...

What TomTom is fitted to the Aygo?

Does it have the LIVE services or is it just a basic?

Personally I don't see the point of supplying a car with a limited satnav that can also be removed from the car. Considering you can pick up a TomTom very cheaply now what will happen when the fitted one breaks down? Will probably cost £300+ for a replacement and will screw up the resale value if you don't have it.

Also there will be a lot of these being broken into if the holder is folded down on the off chance that the unit is also in there.

The satnav should be fully integrated or be a standalon unit, instead what you have here is the worse of both solutions to satnav (ie a custom unit that you have to remove when you park and probably cannot be upgraded).

I'll agree with you Gordon, the satnav should be integrated as it is on my Prius, otherwise there will be a lot of Aygo's being broken into over the next few months, whether they are 'go' or not - the scroats aren't intelligent enough to tell the difference between an ordinary Aygo without satnav and a Go that does have one :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links