Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Warnings Vs Sat Nav

elziko

Yesterday I purchased a 57 plate Avensis estate with 114K miles on the clock. Mint condition throughout apart from a few chips on the bonnet, it's obviously just done a lot of motorway miles as it was previously a fleet vehicle. Full Toyota service history.

Unfortunately I have already come up against a problem with it. The engine malfunction, traction control off and VSC warning lights are permanently lit. The malfunction light comes on as soon as the engine is started and the other two shortly after. I didn't notice them on the test drive - maybe I missed them.

I have seen another similar thread with a few ideas and I'll be taking it back to where I bught it tomorrow to get the code read.

However, the other things I noticed is that the sat nav is asking me to confirm that I will drive safely every time I start the car. I assume this is not normal?

Is it possible that the sat nav issue is indicative of a flat Battery which is in turn causing the other lights to come on? All electric windows etc. work fine and it starts OK.

I suppose I'm just hoping this is something simple. :crybaby:

However, the other things I noticed is that the sat nav is asking me to confirm that I will drive safely every time I start the car. I assume this is not normal?

I get the same message, I do not think that is to do anything with Battery.

Cheers.

I get the same message, I do not think that is to do anything with Battery.

Cheers.

Satnav does indeed exhort you to drive safely - nanny state and all that

Whats even more annoying than the Sat Nav asking you to drive safely (every time) is the lack of ability to change it while driving. I do get why but that doesn't take into account that the passenger could actually be doing it and having to pull over to change routes, etc. is annoying.

M.

Well the lights have now all gone off. Perhaps it had something to do with being sat in the garage for a long time without being used apart from the occasional test drive?

I was supposed to take it to the garage tomorrow morning to get it looked at. Can you still read a fault code after it has cleared itself? I may just wait to see if the lights come back on.

Glad to hear my sat nav is working normally but I find it rediculous!

Thanks

Might still be worth taking it to a garage I'm pretty sure they can pull the history (someone can correct me if I am wrong) and if you don't take it then sods law will kick in and they will be on about 30 minutes after you should have taken it to the garage.

M.

Bought my car from new, and the sat-nav drive safely notification has been on from new.

Also i find that due to sat nav speed settings, the sat-nav can send a delay message when to get in right lane ect when having the odd heavy foot and a destination has been set, maybe its the sats not catching up with the speed.

Bought my car from new, and the sat-nav drive safely notification has been on from new.

Also i find that due to sat nav speed settings, the sat-nav can send a delay message when to get in right lane ect when having the odd heavy foot and a destination has been set, maybe its the sats not catching up with the speed.

If you have loads of POI and telephone numbers, then internal memory get bit low and GPS directions get delayed.

My avensis is having only my contact number and home address and nothing else, and it works fine (well used twice only :lol:

)

Cheers.

Well, the lights haven't returned but when the garage plugged in their ODB2 reader there were no codes to be read.

I suppose I'll just have to keep my eyes open for the lights coming on again.

Dont program your sat nav with your home address. If you get your keys taken they also get "kit" to take them to your home and then load your car up with plazma, laptop etc.

Dont program your sat nav with your home address. If you get your keys taken they also get "kit" to take them to your home and then load your car up with plazma, laptop etc.

That's very good useful information mate :yes: :yes:.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links