Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1St Time Rav Owner:-) .. Lovin It :-)

kellio

good evening all!

just bought my first rav - a 2004 5 door. drove the 100 miles home and its like wow im in love lol

going to spend the evening with a glass vino trawling through this forum and trying to work out how to put up a pic

xkelly

Welcome to the club :)

Don't panic yourself by reading too much into the forum, by nature, forums will attract those with problems to solve.

The good news is that Ravs have less problems than most other cars :lol:

You might find a few of us a little nutty... :bangin:

P.S How is Pompey? My sister lives near St Mary's Hospital and I've not been down since April to 'help' her ex boyfriend move out ;)

hey there,

pompey is a tad chilly at the mo :-( roll on spring

well done for helping persuade her ex bf to move out lol... couldve done with some help in that department myself earlier this year :-(

heres my new rav btw... does anyone know what the blue is called ? also, i saw a 4.2 toyota accessories brochure somewhere online but now i cant find it :-(

post-103370-0-28703900-1294435264_thumb.

hey there,

pompey is a tad chilly at the mo :-( roll on spring

well done for helping persuade her ex bf to move out lol... couldve done with some help in that department myself earlier this year :-(

heres my new rav btw... does anyone know what the blue is called ? also, i saw a 4.2 toyota accessories brochure somewhere online but now i cant find it :-(

That's a fine looking RAV Kellio.

Welcome to the club.

To see what official accessories are available just look HERE

Click on 'Search AIM' and fill in the form. Contact Parts-King for discounted prices and delivery info.

Enjoy your RAV :thumbsup:

Snowing up here again with about 3" lying and still coming down. RAVs are one of the few cars that move in this !!

Aye Kelly....you'll be cruising round Gunnery Wharf lookin' super-cool in that lovely set of wheels.....

which may get ye arrested, since it's a pedestrianised Shopping Mall !!!! Wouldn't stop Bothy doin' it.....

Welcome to The Club of the Bewildered. :thumbsup:

Big Kev.

Hi Kelly

Welcome to the club...some great characters here,as the others have pointed out :thumbsup:

does anyone know what the blue is called ?

Welcome. I *think* they may call it "Lagoon Blue" on the RAV, but please don't drive it into one, it's much too nice a vehicle for that. :thumbsup:

http://www.pentagon-toyota.co.uk/NEW_toyota_brochure/new_toyota_RAV4.htm

lol, no i def wont, i just love the rav4 sooo much :-)

thanks for the welcome everyone, just 2 small niggles tho - the 2 compartments in the rear doors and the compartment under the boot floor are empty. theres another compartment with the jack etc in it. does anyone know what else should be in the rear compartments?

the other niggle happened this morning. i was ..lets say "pushing on" round the back roads and i took a slippy tight corner way too enthusiastically (lol) and the rav skidded slightly and the vsc light flashed on and there was a bleep or 2 like when the seatbelt isnt on. is that normal?

xkelly

thanks for the welcome everyone, just 2 small niggles tho - the 2 compartments in the rear doors and the compartment under the boot floor are empty. theres another compartment with the jack etc in it. does anyone know what else should be in the rear compartments?

the other niggle happened this morning. i was ..lets say "pushing on" round the back roads and i took a slippy tight corner way too enthusiastically (lol) and the rav skidded slightly and the vsc lighthed on and there was a bleep or 2 like when the seatbelt isnt on. is that normal?

xkelly

Dunno about the compartments but the beeping is a warning that you have overcooked it.

RAVs are very good but they still obey the laws of Physics. Might be worth checking the tyre tread and pressures though.

I thought the jack on 4.2's was normally stored under the drivers seat ?

On mine it clamps into a couple of metal brackets on the floor.

With regards to all the other nooks and crannies, they are not specifically designed to hold anything, just general storage.

However, you should have somewhere a cheap tool roll with a wheel wrench and a small plastic box with the wheel locking key.

the other niggle happened this morning. i was ..lets say "pushing on" round the back roads and i took a slippy tight corner way too enthusiastically (lol) and the rav skidded slightly and the vsc light flashed on and there was a bleep or 2 like when the seatbelt isnt on. is that normal?

xkelly

As Davrav says, Kelly, it will obey certain usual rules like skid sideyways as other mortal cars do. The beeping was your VSC (Vehicle Stability Control)letting you know it was taking over for a split second to try and correct your over exhuberance. If you drive it as if you were expecting a slight skid, one of my daft theories, you will find its 4WD SYSTEM UTTERLY SUPERB. No need to drive like yer granny, just hang a bit looser, man.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Wot you need is a lesson in driving fast round corners in a Ford transit. After that you'll appreciate driving a 5 door oil-burning tank. :lol:

Question - can you get done for speeding if yer actually aqua-planing? Surely the speed would be measured in knots ? :wacko: