Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Whats The Difference Between...

Bong Water

The Corolla G6R and SR? They both have the same 110BHP 1.6 engine, so whats the difference?

I'm considering selling my T-Sport for something cheap and chearful :(

Possibly, if its got a different box it might be quicker due to ratios, also only 420 G6R's were made. Theres a G6 too? :blink:

The G6R is the "hot hatch" version with 1.6 engine and the 6 speed box, the G6 has the 6 speed box but has the 1.3 engine. Both very rare cars, currently only one G6R on eBay and one G6 on autotrader.

Both the SR and G6R use the same 1.6 engine (4AFE), I suspect the differences will be down to the way the car handles and looks

I owned a 1999 1.3 SR for 8 months and I must say that its one of the best cars I've owned, It'd done 103k when I bought it and it handled like a go kart, the build quality was excellent and it was really cheap to run too. Big fan of that era of corolla

Is the 4AFE chain or belt do you know mate?

I think i'm going to save up for a facelift 1.6 SR and put a set of eibachs on it, according to Parkers the facelift 1.6 VVTI SR comes with a 6 speed box. Its a god damn ugly car but as long as its reliable and is fun to drive I dont give a toss as a flat is prioity over cars at the moment. I'll sell the T-Sport after i've saved up and bought one as I cant be without a car, shouldnt have a problem selling the T-Sport as its minty fresh, i'll miss it like mad but needs must :(

VVTI engines are chain driven, non VVTI engines are belt driven

I thought you meant the pre-facelift G6R, that uses the 4AFE, the facelift G6R which has the VVTI engine uses the 3ZZFE (I think)

I'm a little confused. I was looking at them all, the Pre facelift G6R/G6 and SR which all seem to have the 1.6 engine according to Parkers and the facelift 1.6 VVTI SR

If the facelift 1.6 VVTI SR is chain driven then thats even more of a reason to go for one

The facelift G6R's are even rarer, but yes the VVTI engines are chain driven

I wonder what a facelift G6R has over an SR as the SR also has a 6 speed box, my guess is suspension and body kit

You 100% sure the facelift 1.6 VVTI is chain driven?

That link states it is reading through, I also didnt know the tappets were maintenance free on VVTI engines, VTEC engines require tappet maintenance, maybe its something to do with the chain driven aspect of the engine.

it also says that the facelift SR is a direct replacement for the G6 and G6R pre facelifts so thats all the info I need. Much appreciated thanks. Just need to save up, find one, sell the CTS and be quids in :)

the corolla G6R or AE111 is a 6 speed close ratio box and beat the SR by a clear second quarter mile and has much tighter Rally suspension, it is basicly there rally car but with a 1.6 engine normaly asspired rather than 2.0 supercharge engine.

awesome car to drive i owned one for 4 years in black

COROLLA.jpg

Ok, they are a bit too old and difficult to find, the idea is to find a facelift SR that elderly folk have owned etc

Anyone know if the 1.6 VVTI in the 00-02 Corolla SR has any issues? Oil burning etc?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links