Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Overboost In 4Th & 5Th?!

GT4 James

The gearbox is not the limiting factor in top speed runs, it's power. Running 17psi with an uprated induction and exhaust you'll not be far off 300 bhp. To go further safely you'll need management to enable you to get a remap

Any companies out there you can recommend or that are known for good managements systems/re-maps?

I've had much the same problems with my previous 2 mr2's.... cold weather + mbc + 3" decats is always going to cause boost creep, my mate has basically the same setup but 3" exhaust, creeps like mad, even a restrictor ring hasn't helped that much.

On my current one i've still got a berk d/pipe but gone with a 5Zigen 2 1/2" exhaust and AVC-R set to 1.1 bar(high boost) & 0.8 bar (low boost)even on the coldest of days this winter not seen over 1.16 bar, ditch your mbc and go ebc it makes a world of difference worth every penny, you have a lot more control, ie setting gain and start points etc

Mo

The link system is an excellent one. We work with lots of others but after all the research we settled on link g4's as our main retail units. For the st205 there is a plug and play board, you swap the board in the ecu case for theirs and you have a fully standalone system. Thor are Link Europe we're a distributor for them in Scotland. Best bang for buck as the replacement board has anti-lag/ flat shift and launch control included in the price unlike some other ecu's

Where abouts are you based? A lot of the time tune shops are kinda specific to what they tune so you'll need to see which systems they sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok mate nice one like the sound of the replacement board and im based in luton. What sort of price do they averagely go for do you know? Ps done a santa pod run today and strangely doesnt overboost on the quarter mile lol but as soon as im back on normal roads is back? Now im getting confusef!

• 2 weeks later...

the boards are round about £890+vat. I'd contact Thor Racing to see who's close to you to supply fit and map one for you

on the quarter mile your only doing a short burst with relatively low load due to the low speeds, on an open road your travelling at say 70mph then trying to accelerate with a head wind, where as on a 1/4 mile your only reaching 90ish mph which likely doesn't have much head wind.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links