Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle From Rear

Steve Danby

Help!!!

Does any of you Corolla owners out there experiance a rattle from the rear of the car when going over bumps? It sounds like the rear parcel shelf or something around that area?

It happened on my T-Spirit and now also happens on my T-Sport so it must be generic?

Any help would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

I am having the same problem I thought it was my cd changer

there must be someone who found out where its coming from

I finally got around to looking for the source of my rattle yesterday. Behind the rear light cluster on the passenger side there's a cable (presumably for the petrol cap release) that is banging against the rear light plug. I'm fairly sure that's where my rattle is coming from - I'm going to get some tape and see if it fixes it later :)

Good point, I actually had my T-Spirit into Toyota to have it looked at, they put self adhesive padding everywhere totry and cure it. No good the rattle still happened. I have as yet had not sent my T-Sport back.

Please let us know how it goes with the tape. :thumbsup:

I found it was caused by the trim panel below boot/tailgate striker tapping against body on my Avensis.

I removed panel & applied foam to offending areas & has cured problem.

Areas in my T-Spirit that I have padded out myself to cure rattles in the rear:

When the parcel shelf clips into the side of the interior(the two round lugs)-these rattle as it isn't a snug fit

The tool tray and tools-pad out and under all of this

The number plate is a good one-the fixings pinch in the plate, just lifting either end of the plate causing it to vibrate agianst the hatch-some felt behind the plate helps

Good luck!

Hi

In my TS there is a rear rattle when I start the car in winter below +10C, but not in the summer. Evenmore, the rattle stops when the car is warmed up!

We thought it was coming from the rear window stop light. A mechanic open it and it was quite loose with 2 bad locks, he put silicone on the locks but nothing happened.

Now my wife sat at the back seats and thinks that the rattle comes form "the two round lugs" of the parcel shelf as described by runboy.

Who knows?

• 1 year later...

i have a tspirit(02) and am also having a problem with this rattling. it seems to be coming from the rear shelf so i will be trying some padding on it.

I had the same problem before and have since fixed the problem. You'll need lots of soft padding in the boot lid. The cause is due to the vibrations from the internal bootlid cover hitting against the boot release mechanism.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links