Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not The Car That's Important But The Club

Hoovie

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would drop by again and say hi.

No longer having a RAV4 but a Nissan, I joined a Qashqai club and despite my best efforts, I have had to come to the conclusion (that I knew already really) is the car is irrelevant and it is the members make the club :thumbsup:

So I have decided I have a "Toyota" Qashqai if that is ok B) and will be back more often :)

Don't get me wrong, the Qashqai club has a lot of members in it (however, see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/member and chose the appropriate definition :D )

Hi Guys,

No longer having a RAV4 but a Nissan, I joined a Qashqai club and despite my best efforts, I have had to come to the conclusion (that I knew already really) is the car is irrelevant and it is the members make the club :thumbsup:

So I have decided I have a "Toyota" Qashqai if that is ok B) and will be back more often :)

Don't get me wrong, the Qashqai club has a lot of members in it (however, see http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/member and chose the appropriate definition :D )

Good to see you back hoovie, keep on posting

Del

Always good to see you Hoovie... :thumbsup:

Any tales of pimping in the Datsun world, yet? :)

Hoovie, I know you've been less active, but as far as I am concerned, you never really went away. :thumbsup:

Now, we need to arrange your avatar so that it does something like morph gently between a Qashqai and a RAV (or UC or Land Cruiser or.......)

We recently had the Toyota Owners Club Christmas party and the majority of the cars there were none Toyota but those attending were all from Toc ;)

Left the door ajar again have we.....

Nice to see you back again Hoovie..... If you had brought a LR we would have bared your IP address

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

my Datsun has had some pimping done :yes: I'll post a review shortly - just had the first service (12,500 miles) after 8 months and not a single problem with it, so looks like the Renault influence not infiltrated Nissan yet :D

Hoovie,

There's been a vacuum since you left, and allowed yourself to be sucked in by all dat sun.

Dust you consider yerself back among friends.

Big Kev :yahoo:

Please. This place is getting worse. Now we'll have a RAV4 sub-section for 5 door oil-burning tank drivers :eek: :eek:

As there isn't a forum for owners of the JCB515-40, can I add my experiences of that in? It does have just 1 door, but sports a 2 litre oil-burning 50hp engine and has auto-hydraulic transmission with 4 wheel drive; 4 wheel steering; all-terrain mud/snow anything tyres; no spare wheel; space for a cd and radio/sat-nav; a wiper on the sun-roof; a built in parking aid (not cameras but the ability to lift a ton and half of metal out the way); and small enough to park in my garage.

Please. This place is getting worse. Now we'll have a RAV4 sub-section for 5 door oil-burning tank drivers :eek: :eek:

not by the name of "Gary" by any chance? :D

my Datsun has had some pimping done :yes: I'll post a review shortly - just had the first service (12,500 miles) after 8 months and not a single problem with it, so looks like the Renault influence not infiltrated Nissan yet :D

welcome back Hoovie, glad you like your QQ, but go on admit it not as much fun as one of these :unsure: does it look familiar :thumbsup: Stew

hooviesrav081.jpg

Hi Guys,

welcome back mate :thumbsup:

Yur, mate, you'm too late. Us've already got one of them starting with me and the Grand Vitara :yahoo: And I have a spare wheel na na nee na na

Mike D

From a wild, wet and wintry Dartmoor - where low ratio starts when the tarmac stops :arrgg-matey:

welcome back Hoovie, glad you like your QQ, but go on admit it not as much fun as one of these :unsure: does it look familiar :thumbsup: Stew

hooviesrav081.jpg

Now THAT is a proper RAV and registered in the right part of the world, I see.

Mike D

hooviesrav081.jpg

Now THAT is a proper RAV and registered in the right part of the world, I see.

Mike D

MIke, Local Hero is being very cruel. That is MY old RAV :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

It was the Fuel Economy doing the 1,000 mile round trip from Scotland to South West that was hurting the pocket too much :ffs:

And yup, Stew, I do miss the RAV4 - not sure if I will be able to stick with the Qashqai as long as I had my RAV4 :wacko:

@ Hoovie

Did you used to be on the Pajero forum???

saying I trawl around random forums?? B)

Nope, Never, but intrigued why you are asking :)

@ Hoovie

Did you used to be on the Pajero forum???

saying I trawl around random forums?? B)

Nope, Never, but intrigued why you are asking :)

Apologies for the incinerations, didn't think Hoovie would be that common a name. Sure I've seen it couple times on Paj Forums. Probably just a coincidink

I nearly bought one of those QQ before my rav4 but now i am glad i did not , (after seing them on snow :rolleyes: ) No offence mate :D i quess they are better on fuel , well different car for different needs .

MIke, Local Hero is being very cruel. That is MY old RAV :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

It was the Fuel Economy doing the 1,000 mile round trip from Scotland to South West that was hurting the pocket too much :ffs:

RAV4 - not sure if I will be able to stick with the Qashqai as long as I had my RAV4 :wacko:

I know it was - I too wasn't being very kind, I am afraid but it is your fault for dispensing with such a lovely machine :thumbsup:

Like you, in the end I was beaten by the thirstyness of the petrol RAV. Perhaps a higher gear woiuld have helped and what a nice car it was while it lasted. Do I miss it? Elements of it, certainly. The Grand Vitara is not as smooth but better in the rough stuff and, being diesel and higher geared in 5th, is a lot less of a fussy sewing machine on long autoroute hauls. 40mpg beats 30mpg by a long way but I miss the armchair seats, the smooth ride, the extra boot space and the prettyness of the RAV.

A good UK Suzi forum would be nice. The US and OZ ones have a very different flavour to this being full of serious types who talk of lift kits and trips in the bush or the Andes in their V6 motors and who never seem to see tarmac. Nice helpful guys but whose advice is not too relevant to my diesel powered, axle deep experiences of peat and poo in Dartmoor farmyards and tracks.

Mike D

I nearly bought one of those QQ before my rav4 but now i am glad i did not , (after seing them on snow :rolleyes: ) No offence mate :D i quess they are better on fuel , well different car for different needs .

If I had to chose between QQ and RAV4 for snow, no contest at all, but had to reckon on the amount of time snow on ground enough to cause issues is gonna be like 5% of the year max (usually!!)

Apparently the Diesel QQs are much better in snow then the Petrol one - but I cannot see a particular reason for it with careful use of the loud pedal :unsure:

To compensate for the performance (or lack of it) on Snow, I have got some Autosocks and while they are nowhere near as convenient as a 4WD system, they do work really well as an emergency solution.

Didn't expect last years snow to comeback with a vengeance this year :censor: Snow up here this time round started on 14th November! and there is still snow on the ground even now! And before last years lot, last snow up here was 5 years previously apparantly.

If it is 3rd time in a row next winter, I think either a trade-in to, or a 2nd vehicle with, 4x4 transmission beckons :yes:

Like you, in the end I was beaten by the thirstyness of the petrol RAV. Perhaps a higher gear woiuld have helped and what a nice car it was while it lasted. Do I miss it? Elements of it, certainly. The Grand Vitara is not as smooth but better in the rough stuff and, being diesel and higher geared in 5th, is a lot less of a fussy sewing machine on long autoroute hauls. 40mpg beats 30mpg by a long way but I miss the armchair seats, the smooth ride, the extra boot space and the prettyness of the RAV.

A good UK Suzi forum would be nice. The US and OZ ones have a very different flavour to this being full of serious types who talk of lift kits and trips in the bush or the Andes in their V6 motors and who never seem to see tarmac. Nice helpful guys but whose advice is not too relevant to my diesel powered, axle deep experiences of peat and poo in Dartmoor farmyards and tracks.

Mike D

Hi Mike,

I tested the GV 1.9D before I bought my RAV4 and found the engine a bit rough - but I think that was my lack of diesel experience. I loved the styling of it though and still think it is one of the best looking cars in this SUV class of 'soft-roaders'.

I have been browsing around autotrader actually, seeing how much the older GVs are actually. Kinda trying to convince myself a oldish soft-back 3 door GV would be useful in the winter on those snowy days (weeks/months) and a bit of fun in the summer as well :thumbsup:

Why not pick up a landrover to use when the goings rough? By the time you get from A to B the snows gone !

I'd dissagree, I think the only Nissans not to have been influenced are the Skylines and the newer GTR's, look at all the engine troubles with the Navara's, rumours from mates in the trade say its that bad that the Dealerships and the Factory are all at odd's over who's footing the bills for Warranty work.

Regards Austin..