Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Two New Priuses Due?

fuel miser

My understanding was that these two cars are USA models only.

It would be nice if they were released in the UK or Europe as a people carrier hybrid from Toyota would be of great interest to me.

By 2020 there will be a Hybrid in every model range so expect to see them arrive in the coming years

Kingo :thumbsup:

I can't wait til 2020! I want one NOW! lol

Seriously Mr King, do you know through your Toyota connections if the Prius V people carrier due to be released in the US at the end of the year will make it to the UK? I notice the fuel economy is lower than the Prius but it has 50% more luggage room (important to me).

I honestly don't know GC, as you well know we don't always take US models here in Europe, although I suspect that hybrid models will be different. I cannot see them building specific hybrid models just for the US market only, time will tell ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

My understanding was that these two cars are USA models only.

It would be nice if they were released in the UK or Europe as a people carrier hybrid from Toyota would be of great interest to me.

Good news, Grumpie Cabbie: I just noticed the article below on Toyota UK's blog, and the implication is that the Prius MPV will one day make it over here as the "Prius+".

blog.toyota.co.uk/...2011-geneva-motor-show

"Hot on the heels of last week’s FT-86 II concept teaser, we’re pleased to show you more from across the Toyota range - this time we have the clearest indication yet of what the new Yaris hybrid (HSD) concept will look like, as well as a sneak peek at the next evolution of the Prius family, the Prius+.

Although the picture below doesn’t give much away, we can tell you that the Prius+ is similar to the Prius v production model unveiled to the North American market earlier this year at the Detroit motor show. Prius+ will offer the versatility of 7 seats combined with a full hybrid powertrain."

I like the headlight cluster and DRL on the Yaris :-) And bet a hybrid 7 seater would be a huge success.