Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Problems

Redarse

I took my 59 plate 1.33 Auris TR into the dealer today to sort out a few problems, powered

steering caused me a couple of probs from standing, the clutch juddered quite badly, a

silver ring on the gear lever knob had lifted on one side and it was razor sharp, and the

stop start wasnt working as I expected, after waiting about 45 mins I was told they had

replaced the knob and I have to take it back next week for a new clutch and a ECU for the

powered steering, am I unlucky with these things and is the clutch a problem on the Auris

as a rule, thanks for any replies.

Colin.

I took my 59 plate 1.33 Auris TR into the dealer today to sort out a few problems, powered

steering caused me a couple of probs from standing, the clutch juddered quite badly, a

silver ring on the gear lever knob had lifted on one side and it was razor sharp, and the

stop start wasnt working as I expected, after waiting about 45 mins I was told they had

replaced the knob and I have to take it back next week for a new clutch and a ECU for the

powered steering, am I unlucky with these things and is the clutch a problem on the Auris

Colin.

no ya not unlucky, i have a 59 plate 2010 1.6sr which has had a few problems, as with yours my gear knob had to be replaced along with the steering wheel.

i have a problem with the gearbox where i cant get 4th gear sometimes, they told me it was an adjustment issue, so they tried adjusting it twice and still the same, i told them its the syncro thats the problem and they disagreed but its got to go in so they can check it.

its just had a new alternator fitted a week ago and i keep getting a klunking from the clutch pedal which they cant find anything wrong with...

Thanks for your reply, with the problems you have had, what are your thoughts on the car

now, are you still happy overall with it and are you keeping it long term, I am sad to say

I am disappointed with mine, its not only the faults I mentioned, although I still dont

know why it needs a new clutch after 5000 miles, but its also the fact that in my opinion

its very under powered, I know its only a 1.33 but my previous car a 1.4 Corolla was much

nippier than this, I guess the Auris is a heavier car, and I think an average mpg of 37 is

not that good, I will have to think long and hard about hanging on to it or start looking

again, thanks again.

Colin.

I changed my 1.4 Corolla for a new 1.33 Auris in October 2009. The Auris is used mainly for short urban commuting trips and for holidays. The car has done approx 5800 miles now and had it's first service in October 2010. The engine has got sweeter and more usable as the miles have increased. Economy has also improved - on a run I have got up to 48 mpg - compared to 42 in the Corolla. The Auris is a slightly bigger car than the Corolla - better for passengers and luggage. I've had no problems to date.

Colin.

no ya not unlucky, i have a 59 plate 2010 1.6sr which has had a few problems, as with yours my gear knob had to be replaced along with the steering wheel.

i have a problem with the gearbox where i cant get 4th gear sometimes, they told me it was an adjustment issue, so they tried adjusting it twice and still the same, i told them its the syncro thats the problem and they disagreed but its got to go in so they can check it.

its just had a new alternator fitted a week ago and i keep getting a klunking from the clutch pedal which they cant find anything wrong with...

is the klunking noise from the clutch when you release it ? i have a klunk/clank type noise when i release the clutch when changing up from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd gear, not loud by any means and not everytime, but most times. it used to irritate me, but ive got used to it now.its been mentioned by a few other members on here, and i think thet have all been told the same as me by toyoata dealers, "theres nothing wrong , its normal "

My 1.33 auris doesnt feel underpowered what so ever =/ I find its quite nippy infact and on a motorway cruise the engine is silent with very little road/wind noise... I did have trouble with 4th but they adjusted it and it seems to be ok

1st to 2nd can be a bit 'clunky' in the gearbox on mine but i'm used to it now so dont really notice it. Clutch is fine as well.

Hi All, I am new to toyota driving and have just got 2.0 4d4. It doing about 50mpg on runs and 35+ around town. You want to consider the bigger engine! Mine is also bit crunchy going from 1-2 (it might be that i am not used it!) but the other gears are as sooth as silk.

it does however seem to be dodgy starting first thing in the morning. (Needs the accelerator or it conks out) but it going to toyota friday to see what they say!

Thanks for your reply, with the problems you have had, what are your thoughts on the car

now, are you still happy overall with it and are you keeping it long term, I am sad to say

I am disappointed with mine, its not only the faults I mentioned, although I still dont

know why it needs a new clutch after 5000 miles, but its also the fact that in my opinion

its very under powered, I know its only a 1.33 but my previous car a 1.4 Corolla was much

nippier than this, I guess the Auris is a heavier car, and I think an average mpg of 37 is

not that good, I will have to think long and hard about hanging on to it or start looking

again, thanks again.

Colin.

as with all car makers, they dont make the parts fitted to them, these problems can found on many cars, but its just the fact toyota wont listen to me, if they did the problem would be sorted (11years as a mechanic). overall im happy with the car, its quick and comfy and fun to drive.

yes i found my car slugish enev with 132bhp from standard but as it runs in(now 10280miles) its very nippy better when the 2nd vvt kicks in lol.

so try and run it in a bit more and you will see the car come to life

• Like 1