Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris 1.0 Vvti Tr

jazzyb88

Hi guys,

First post on the forum and looking for some advice regarding this model. :thumbsup:

I am considering buying a used 09 Yaris 1.0 TR and might be test driving it this weekend. I've been reading this forum section and other reviews for this car and have seen a lot of complaints about its clutch and gearbox. From what I can see, a lot of these relate to the 1.33 model and I've not been able to find that many reviews specifically relating to the 1.0 - possibly a good thing!

But from your experience(s), are there any specific concerns/things to look out for with this model? The car still has 1 year left on its warranty which gives me some piece of mind :)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated right now!

Thanks.

The 1.0 is a good car, it all depends on how much power you want. Having said that a good long test drive will help you here.

Good luck & keep us posted

Don't worry about things raised on this forum - overall we're all a very happy bunch. Inevitably its issues that get discussed here but overall I think everyone here thinks the Yarii are very reliable overall.

Both will run at 70 all day on the motorway.

If you want to keep up with the traffic, you will have to adopt a driving style where the 1.0 needs to be revved, but with that driving style, its perfectly fine.

If you do a lot of motorway driving or if you (or any "significant other") prefer a driving style with more "bottom end torque" at low revs, then the 1.3 might just suit you better.

You also need to make sure you're happy with the "thrum" of the three cylinder engine - they do sound a bit like a sewing machine. If you need the extra economy and don't mind revving it to keep moving quickly, then there's nothing wrong with the 1.0.

Although - be careful with the specs. Some TR features are only fitted to the 1.3, so make sure you know what is standard fit and what's not - don't just read a brochure for the TR spec and assume the 1.0 has it all....

Hi guys,

Thanks for the responses :) A lot of useful advice to consider!

@ alfiejts: I'm not too fussed with the power. I have driven a Polo which had about 20 bhp less than this and used it for almost everything! As long as the ride is smooth and the car is solid, i'm happy. Trim is not too much of a concern either - it is a used car, so I won't have a choice in what it comes with.

Out of interest, how many recalls were done on this model? Is it mainly to do with the accelerator problem? I ask because I think it would be worthwhile to see whether the car has had the fixes done.

I will give it a test drive this weekend anyhow and see how it goes from there.

Cheers.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links