Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Toyota Compressor Owner

Rob1980

Over the weekend I test drove a Toyota Corolla Compressor and I was so impressed that I have decided to buy it! I also own a Renault 5 GT Turbo and a Clio Williams along with a Mini Cooper but obviously the Compressor is a totally different animal!

As I am a bit green with regards to Compressors and their superchargers, (I know a bit about turbo chargers though) I was wondering if any of you could give me any advice on things to look out for, do's and dont's, and what fuel I should use etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

The Compressor is completely standard with no mods and has only done 19k miles.

I am just having my plate transfered over so this is delaying things a bit, hopefully I will have the compressor in my possession in the next week or so.

Sorry but i did post this in the new member forum before realising that you are not supposed to ask questions there.

Hey mate and welcome to the Club. :thumbsup:

The CTS-C is a sweet motor, nice job on getting one! 19k is insanely low!

There are a couple of things to look out for, you want to regularly check your Supercharger Oil as it has been known for them to run dry and Mr. T will not replace it easily.

Another thing, if anything goes wrong with any Toyota, just sell your house and children if possible. Their prices for parts are high to say the least. But the point is they never go wrong :P You'll have a great time with the CTS-C and you have plenty of people here to help you with them! :thumbsup:

KP

Hello Mate and thank you for the reply.

I must admit that I did not realise that they were expensive to repair if they went wrong! I guess I had better look after it the best I can to help keep it in good condtion.

How do you check the oil in the super charger? Its a whole new piece of equipment to me...

Yeah the compressor is very low mileage, it's an 06 plate and it has the old MOT's and Full Toyota service history to back it up. I will post some pics up once I finally get it home. Who knows it may have belonged to someone on here who might be able to tell me a bit about it.

Hello Mate and thank you for the reply.

I must admit that I did not realise that they were expensive to repair if they went wrong! I guess I had better look after it the best I can to help keep it in good condtion.

How do you check the oil in the super charger? Its a whole new piece of equipment to me...

Yeah the compressor is very low mileage, it's an 06 plate and it has the old MOT's and Full Toyota service history to back it up. I will post some pics up once I finally get it home. Who knows it may have belonged to someone on here who might be able to tell me a bit about it.

they are expensive to repair take out some extra warranty on it!that covers exhaust/shockers their 2 items that go wrong i had 2 rear shocks and a supercharger under warranty on my old one,but toyota had the charger fitted in 2 days so there not that hard for toyota to source that was 4k in warranty claims for them items so that gives you an idea of the expense of a toyota parts/labour,but it may not go wrong so don't worry about it.

Don't forget that you need to use 98 RON fuel thumbsup.gif

if you need to check the supercharger oil i did do a post on how to do it if you do a search should help its not difficult .hope you enjoy . :thumbsup:

Don't forget that you need to use 98 RON fuel thumbsup.gif

I did read about the 98 RON fuel on here so I will definately be using that. Thanks for the heads up.

How do I go about getting the ecu reset incase someone has used 95 RON? Will I be able to tell by driving it if it needs resetting?

I will be getting a years warranty with the garage that I am getting if off, i will check to see what that covers and if need be get some sort of extra warranty. Does anyone know how to go about this?

Thank you so much for the advice so far guys. Even though you have scared me a bit it is much appreciated! :thumbsup:

also the cheapest place to get the supercharger oil is america off e bay i have the seller stored somewhere its £20 for a bottle and sringe to fill it with. :thumbsup:

re set ecu - turn ignition on dont start engine foot hard down on accelerator untill engine light flashes about 40 seconds when it stops flashing foot off pedal turn ignition off then restart as normal and its back on the full power map.think thats the order its been a while,but someone will correct me if its wrong.

Welcome, another comp on board, and that's a nice low milage.

Get some pics up.

Right so far I have got this:-

1) Check Supercharger oil, purchase oil from eBay America.

2) Get Warranty to cover exhaust, supercharger and shocks.

3) Rest ecu once I have emptied the tank and put it at least 98 RON.

Thank you so much for the advise so far guys. :thumbsup:

re set ecu - turn ignition on dont start engine foot hard down on accelerator untill engine light flashes about 40 seconds when it stops flashing foot off pedal turn ignition off then restart as normal and its back on the full power map.think thats the order its been a while,but someone will correct me if its wrong.

Is it the same as taking off for some seconds the negative pole of the batery?

4). Whoop those Ep3 type-r drivers :thumbsup:

+1

saying that has any compressor owners had a little flex of the right foot against a type r yet?

I'm still waiting for some cocky type r driver to tailgate me :toast:

+1

saying that has any compressor owners had a little flex of the right foot against a type r yet?

I looked at the Performance of a Honda Civic Type R and their 0-60 time (6.6) and Top end (146mph) on paper is quicker and more than the Compressor, 6.7 and 143mph. Is this not the actual case then?

never driven a compressor but i would think the extra low/mid-range torque would mean it is a nicer drive around town or for those days you don't want to be absolutely raping it :)

+1

I looked at the Performance of a Honda Civic Type R and their 0-60 time (6.6) and Top end (146mph) on paper is quicker and more than the Compressor, 6.7 and 143mph. Is this not the actual case then?

Its a drivers race, I wouldnt put my money on a winner between a standard t-sport, compressor or type r in a race. They are all very capable and it solely depends on driver and vehicle condition.

CTS - 190BHP Weight 1210

EP3 Type R - 197BHP - Weight 1210

Compressor - 215BHP - 1280

K20 engines make strong figures, Larger displacement aswell 7BHP will not make a big enough difference at all, Again 70KG of weight on a compressor will slow you a tad down? Heatsoak will lose you BHP as its been found that an intercooler on the compressor is the key to releasing and maintaining power.

I have had a few positive runs with a civic type r and a few negative, Same with a standard compressor in the end its down to the driver and conditions.

I like the CTS-C as it is such a rare car. Everyone knows the CTR and where it stands, but for most people the Compressor is a Wild Card and that, makes it way cooler than the Civic! :thumbsup:

i've had a few run-ins with type-r's in my compressor and it just comes down to who gets the better start, because they're quite similar the whole way up to (the speed that either of us loses bottle at ;-)). i'm saying that as if they're all stock - if you come up against an enthusiast, who has his type-r tuned up to the b*****ks, then the experience can be quite saddening lol.

• 3 weeks later...