Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wet 1987 Corolla

penygraig

does anyone have any suggestions for curing a leak which lets water into the front footwells of my 1987 corolla 1300.

I posted this question on 05/01/11 but if I had any answers I couldn't find them. thank you,

penygraig

Have you got the Saloon Model with a Sunroof? A that is the most likely cause, or your heater matrix is blocked.

Get a few pictures up so we can have a look ;)

Have you got the Saloon Model with a Sunroof? A that is the most likely cause, or your heater matrix is blocked.

Thank you for replying. There is no sunroof and I'm afraid I don't know how to upload pictures. What exactly is a heater matrix/ cheers penugraig

Thank you for replying. There is no sunroof and I'm afraid I don't know how to upload pictures. What exactly is a heater matrix/ cheers penugraig

There's quite a lot of water but only when it rains cheers penygraig

There's quite a lot of water but only when it rains cheers penygraig

My guess would be the windscreen seal, as the car is getting on a bit and I believe the screen is bonded in this bond could be failing. The best way out of it is to have the screen removed and refitted by a pro, though no harm in going round the edge with some black bathroom seal and seeing it that does the trick, it might not look pretty but it might solve the problem, failing that the more expensive option is to move to Spain or maybe Cyprus where the rain isn't an issue !

You can get the screen refitted for about £50 but if you get a new screen it'd be about £150.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links