Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2Zz-Ge Turbo Build Thread

scott5

its worth the wait trust me, when i first took mine out after the conversion i had a massive smile, one bit of advice though i would get an lsd gearbox if you ent got one :thumbsup:

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott5

• KPARRIS-JONES

• Clawliger

• nrgizerbunny

its worth the wait trust me, when i first took mine out after the conversion i had a massive smile, one bit of advice though i would get an lsd gearbox if you ent got one :thumbsup:

lol well am already smiling everytime i llok at my parts waiting to be put in lol. o yeah defoo mate iv got an LSD on mee list lol was thinking of a KAZZZ LSD think there made by TRD or TRD make them iv heard sumit like that supoose to be reeally good :thumbsup: .

but went to my engineering shop the day with few more stuff for them and welll its not going 100% .

2zz-GE bores are coated with nickasil which is used on bike bores and few other things. its so you can run closer tolerences and theres not as much friction. and our engine are dezigned by yamaha there into bike so they put the coating on the bores lol the problem is you need diffrent honing stones as it aprently fooks noramal stones ? and a few other company have said the same and dont want anything to do with it but the guy said he is phoning a few places that do bike engine as the coating is used on bike engines so they obviously have stones that will hone it. sssssoooooooooooo just need to wait and hope it wont be to dear. last resort is for him to buy new stones that will do the job but it will prob put my price up a bit lol.

lol well am already smiling everytime i llok at my parts waiting to be put in lol. o yeah defoo mate iv got an LSD on mee list lol was thinking of a KAZZZ LSD think there made by TRD or TRD make them iv heard sumit like that supoose to be reeally good :thumbsup: .

but went to my engineering shop the day with few more stuff for them and welll its not going 100% .

2zz-GE bores are coated with nickasil which is used on bike bores and few other things. its so you can run closer tolerences and theres not as much friction. and our engine are dezigned by yamaha there into bike so they put the coating on the bores lol the problem is you need diffrent honing stones as it aprently <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>s noramal stones ? and a few other company have said the same and dont want anything to do with it but the guy said he is phoning a few places that do bike engine as the coating is used on bike engines so they obviously have stones that will hone it. sssssoooooooooooo just need to wait and hope it wont be to dear. last resort is for him to buy new stones that will do the job but it will prob put my price up a bit lol.

oh didnt no that dont think new stones will put the price to much though :thumbsup:

2zz-GE bores are coated with nickasil which is used on bike bores and few other things. its so you can run closer tolerences and theres not as much friction. and our engine are dezigned by yamaha there into bike so they put the coating on the bores lol the problem is you need diffrent honing stones as it aprently <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>s noramal stones ? and a few other company have said the same and dont want anything to do with it but the guy said he is phoning a few places that do bike engine as the coating is used on bike engines so they obviously have stones that will hone it. sssssoooooooooooo just need to wait and hope it wont be to dear. last resort is for him to buy new stones that will do the job but it will prob put my price up a bit lol.

oh didnt no that dont think new stones will put the price to much though :thumbsup:

hopfully not mate :thumbsup: just dying to get it finished now :D

this might help?

linky

engine hones.com

What if my cylinder is Nikasil Coated?

Nikasil coated cylinders are more delicate than the iron bores typically used with Flex-Hones®. Nikasil is an electroplated oleophilic nickel matrix silicon carbide coating that allows the use of aluminum cylinder walls without a steel sleeve. This coating reduces friction and wear. Great advantages come with the use of Nikasil on coated aluminum blocks or jugs, one of them is the increased heat removal from the piston, pin and ring assemblies. The other advantage is the tighter tolerances can be achieved. Most Nikasil coatings are 0.0003" to 0.0008". To deglaze and freshen up the bore walls you must use an aluminum oxide material based hone. This softer material works well with the hard walls. Use the hone like described above with the exception of much less rotations. Run the hone for 10-12 rotations in the bore and inspect. If the overall cylinder looks touched then you are done and remove the tool.

this might help?

linky

engine hones.com

What if my cylinder is Nikasil Coated?

Nikasil coated cylinders are more delicate than the iron bores typically used with Flex-Hones®. Nikasil is an electroplated oleophilic nickel matrix silicon carbide coating that allows the use of aluminum cylinder walls without a steel sleeve. This coating reduces friction and wear. Great advantages come with the use of Nikasil on coated aluminum blocks or jugs, one of them is the increased heat removal from the piston, pin and ring assemblies. The other advantage is the tighter tolerances can be achieved. Most Nikasil coatings are 0.0003" to 0.0008". To deglaze and freshen up the bore walls you must use an aluminum oxide material based hone. This softer material works well with the hard walls. Use the hone like described above with the exception of much less rotations. Run the hone for 10-12 rotations in the bore and inspect. If the overall cylinder looks touched then you are done and remove the tool.

sound mate cheers :thumbsup: iv found a few bike shops that might do it if the company that has my engine. dont wanna buuy new stones.

id go with the quaife LSD for our car mate, the KAAZ is supposed to be pretty harsh and nees alot of servicing.

id go with the quaife LSD for our car mate, the KAAZ is supposed to be pretty harsh and nees alot of servicing.

tiz a shout clawliger few people said the kazz diffs are good but then again heard people said there bad. either way i need to go find out the diff we put in one of our garage cars. 400bhp civic as this has a big delay in locking the diff and spins one wheel when doing burnouts warming up the slick tyres at the start of the drag strip . not the best in FWD when every bit of traction helps. iv got that much on the now cant even member stupid things like that lol.

Lol. Go for a quaife diff mate. You wont be disapointed.

welll last few dayss have beeen shyte lol. got phoned up and told the block needed bored out but once it was bored out as the bores are coated with nicasil it wil have to bee re-coated. soo to get it re-coated its £850 and i gotta send it down england to get it done. soooo am buying a new block. because after gettin it bored out and coated and postage it actually works out dearer than buying a new block from toyota which is £1.025 after vat lol soooo this has set everything back an extra grand on top of my total project price which is shit but nothing else can be done and am not selling up so be end of the yaer now before its ready maybe next :angry:

if i understood correctly you're going to turbo your t-sport engine and put that into your 1.4 chassis? why is that, surely the t-sport chassis would provide a better foundation for the extra power interms of suspension setup, brakes etc etc?

if i understood correctly you're going to turbo your t-sport engine and put that into your 1.4 chassis? why is that, surely the t-sport chassis would provide a better foundation for the extra power interms of suspension setup, brakes etc etc?

because my 1.4 is mint like show room car under it and body work lol and the t-sport need a bit of work boddy wize. the chassis are the same and i am using a big brake kit. so am only saving more money cuz i wont have to spend money on the Shell and i like blue better and all my good suspension mods like b.c coilovers and suspension bushes front rear roll bars are on the blue rolla. also alot of people know it for a 1.4 pritty funny to see there faces when done.

just piked up my new block 2 day woow it looks good lol :D shall post up pics soon :D altho it cam to £998 pound and thaqt was with discount :angry: but oweel messing bout with engine snever cheap lol

:eek: lush

its fuking awsum like lol :thumbsup: cant wait to get the pistons and everything in it and built up :D

Nice, should be fun putting it back together :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

just bought a Clutch masters FX500 6 paddle should handle the power nicely lol. mahle pistons and crower rods are away to be ordered from MonkeyWrenchRacing soon just savin up on apprentince wadges sukkss lol gettin there tho :D

scott

alright mate good to see its still going on may have to pop along at some point see this when its done then you can do mine :D

i finnaly got that exhaust on i bought from you :D &#33;Removed&#33; loud barsteward it is but the baffle is now in to tone it down a bit :D

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Scott,

I really like the exhaust on ur Blue corolla.

my existing one is very noisy especially when driving on the motorway. my girlfriend cant withstand it anymore, so i got to change a quieter one

is ur exhaust quiet? how much is the backbox? will you be able to upload me some video, or where do u live i can come n meet u if not too far away.

By the way what size is ur rota or tyre thickness, it seems big

thanks alot :rolleyes:

Oooh that's made me sex a little wee.. is that painted or just metal finish? If metal, then get some paint on it and keep it fresh :) I have do do it on my 4A-GE's to keep them looking mint :P

KP

• 2 weeks later...

Thats a fresh block kp :D yup gonna paint it same colour so.easier to.wash done got.my engine.back now started building it ooo onto the fun part now shall upload pics again soon. Nd iv.got.50 profile.tyres on my car. Want 45 but when first bought the wheels i could only get 50 nd wanted them on for a show.lol so.just bought them gonna be buyin r888 anyway :D

Mint, great keep us updated on the build! Who have you got to tune the engine mate?

KP

Ill think ill be getting thore perfirmance to map the.car.on a link storm ecu seems a good ecu to.go with for what am wanting x