Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2Zz-Ge Turbo Build Thread

scott5

Lol no i dont have an lsd in this box as am using this box to get a base map and run the car in then ill be getting the mr2 conversion kit from MWR to run the mr2gear box and i will fit an lnd lsd to that as the standered gear box wont have a hope in hell when the the engine is properly finished and run in. But i will be fitting my lsd aswell. You will need a gear puller to get 5th and 6th off. You can get around that by splitting the.bottom of the.box but its harder that way lol

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scott5

• KPARRIS-JONES

• Clawliger

• nrgizerbunny

If I know Scott, he will be referring to mind bending drugs :lol:

Seriously though, he means limited slip diff

hahaaa mind bending drugs brilliante lol... i dont think il be using a quaife diff we got one in my mates civic and theres a delay on the diff locking and by the time it has locked 620bhp has shreaded one tyre off going down santa pod llf no use

• 4 weeks later...

well my Shell has been stripped back and the floor cleaned up and stone chipped then painted over in gloss black so have the inner arches. The engine bay has now been stripped down and rubbed down to be painted the blue same as the car. My subframe and rear axle and othere brackets are away to be powder coated candy blue:) iv bought new polly bushes for the front wishbones grade 7 spark plugs and braided brake lines, also ordered the polly bushes for the rear axle from monkey wrench aswell hopfully they fit but i cant see why they wont. Wont be long and the car will be on the build up :D

• 2 weeks later...

more pics :D got my stuff back from powder coaters:D its all done in candy blue

IMAG0719.jpgIMAG0720.jpg

• 1 month later...

hears more pics incase some of yous havnt seen the latest. engine bay is painted all the powder coated parts are fitted . polly bushes are fitted. the fuel system is all finished all the brakes and flexis and suspension is fitted i just need to buy a turbo and wastgate and make a manifold ill update this again soon

• 1 month later...

quick up date for people who havnt seen this yet i had to post up the pictures separate as it wouldn't load them all in one post but i now have my turbo. garret gt3582R and the tial external wastegate :)

Now that does look nice :) this is going to fly, well done.

Now that does look nice :) this is going to fly, well done.

thanks dude next update it will be on the dyno busting some BHP :)

Looks very nice bit of kit that new turbo of yours, I'd love to Turbo my 1.6 vvti corolla seem to be the trend with all small hatch backs these days, Mini, DS3, VXR Corsa, and Renault are taking the Clio the same way in 2013.

Can't wait to see the finished project, hope it goes well for you.

I don't think my engine can be tubo'ed :( but this project is sure to be mega quick when done.

I don't think my engine can be tubo'ed :( but this project is sure to be mega quick when done.

any engine can be turbod mate. as you see with my build. my engine used to be N/A

coming along nicely, did you go for a toda or toga oil pump? and what size exhaust housing is your turbo?

also MWR has the quaife lsd on special this month....

http://www.monkeywre...products_id=706

I have a circuit works oil pump they stopped making them tho :( and toda is better that toga.. i think people had problems with toga. yeah i seen MWR had that cheaper but the gear box its self is still no good lol . am needing to go for the E153 conversion as i know this will defo handle the power :)

It can be turbocharged Paul, although seeing as you have the same front cut as the AE92 I'd just get a 4A-GZE, throw away the supercharger and introduce some tubby lurrrv :yes:

It can be turbocharged Paul, although seeing as you have the same front cut as the AE92 I'd just get a 4A-GZE, throw away the supercharger and introduce some tubby lurrrv :yes:

Or compound charge it ;)

This is what am talking about. I am loving this topic, scott you are a star. I'm not all there when it cums to engines bits but bhp n torque i do understand. Scott tell me a price for you to do this conversion on my cts lol. Will you still have the vvti and can you change it to kick in sooner. I like that your putting it in the 1.4 rolla cheaper on taxes lol where ru based. Fensport was asking me near 2000 for the m400 ecu and cudnt tell me how much i will gain jus for the remap, so if you or anyone can advise me with this please do.

Or compound charge it ;)

Now that sounds like an idea :)