Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav

blueaygoman

Hi all

Anyone know if you can dealer fit the sat nav system on the new aygo go into an existing aygo. I've got an aygo blue ( Jun 2010) and the integrated sat nav looks a lot pretty good.

Thanks

My thoughts exactly, the only thing that worries me about it is that it can be removed, i'd rather it was integral like the one on my Prius. - less chance of it getting nicked!

I'm sure Kingo would either know the answer or could find out

Yes, it IS possible to fit this system into an existing Aygo (or C1 or 107 for that matter).

But you're stuck with the OEM radio then and the cost will probably be VERY high...

Spoke to the local Toyota dealer ... said it's a factory fit only and they can't change it

Yet! I'm sure if they get enough enquiries rhey will find a way to do it, but it wont be cheap!

I know for a fact that it CAN be supplied by a dealer: we have a Dealer on the Dutch Forum who's happy to supply you with one...

I know for a fact that it CAN be supplied by a dealer: we have a Dealer on the Dutch Forum who's happy to supply you with one...

Do you have a link? If you do not have a link do you have any details of actually how the unit can be fitted to an older aygo? Does it require additional wiring etc or could it be supplied on a plug and play basis...

Sorry, no link as the forum is closed off due to someone on a blog leeching our

content and it's completely in Dutch, so you wouldn't be able to read it either...

But fitting it is pretty easy, as it IS plug&play. The guy that did it on the

forum got the SatNav out of his girlfriends brandnew Aygo Navigator

and just swapped over the entire center console cover with radio and all,

so it was just a matter of removing the blowrknob, undoing one screw,

then prying off the panel and unplugging the radio.

Refitting is the reverse procedure.

Just remebered that I CAN put up a picture:

33.jpg

This is the entire panel, should you get the separate SatNav it would be a

matter of drilling holes in the correct locations with the proper diameter.

My understanding is that Toyota UK are going to offer the complete kit with the revised centre console mouldings etc via the accessories catalogue later this year (I was advised May 2011).

Because of loom changes during the models lifespan, my dealer said it would only be a plug and play fitment on 2009 model year and newer cars.

The target price for the kit will be around £500 plus fitting and the dreaded.

The TomTom solution is going to be wheeled out on other Toyota models in the same way that Renault has done with its entire range as a more cost effective navigation solution. Customer clinics have found that buyers prefer TomTom based systems to factory fit full house navigation systems because, (a) they are used to it, having used after fit TomTom's for ten-odd years; and (B) it shows speed camera data, which the factory fit systems never do.

A Yaris kit is allegedly coming before the end of 2011, and whatever replaces the vile !Removed! or whatever its called will be similarly equipped.

Because of loom changes during the models lifespan, my dealer said it would only be a plug and play fitment on 2009 model year and newer cars.

IMHO that statement is a big load of BS. The radio uses ISO-plugs, which are a standard to

some extent. They might change the loom, but the radio, thus the plugs are still the same,

so this 2011 SatNav WILL fit a 2005 Aygo (or Citroën C1 or Peugeot 107) just as well.

After playing with mine and looking into the settings, turns out the TomTom Toyota II is actually a TomTom Eclipse II

This is the only article I can find that doesn't contain a load of spam and stupid adverts that shows it in it's original housing:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/07/tomtom-eclipse-avn4430-in-dash-nav-system-snags-ces-innovation/

Just thought it might be interesting for those interested in this to know the 'other name' for the sat nav unit (it uses the aygo's stereo rather than the blue panel on the left, the sat nav you get to remove from the car is literally the rectangle on the right - roughly 1cm border around the image).

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted the fitted TomTom centre console mount, even without being cabled up would look really neat and was just going to charge up satnav in home before use in car. Thought mount alone would be available for about £50 but no luck in finding it to purchase alone so went for Tomtom tailored dock for my existing Tomtom which requires no drilling in the Aygo.

Select vehicel make/model to Toyota Aygo to see fit plate

http://www.dsldevelopments.com/brodit/holder/TomTom+One%20IQ%20Routes-Brodit-Holder.asp

Would anyone know that if you were to remove the standard cd player in the AYGO GO and replace with after market player.. would that affect the sat nav ? also the ipod . usb connection too.. or is that just linked to the sat nav unit itself with speaker cut out facility ?

I have NO on-hands experience with this system, but from what I've heard and seen this might be a bit difficult.

The handsfree-system splits into the speaker wiring, so should keep working, as well

as the nav-instructions when NOT playing audio from the iPod/TomTom system.

But when you DO play iPod/TomTom music you need to put the radio on CD/AUX AFAIK,

so the radio can amplify the sound and send it to the Speakers. When you remove the

OEM radio, this amplification is removed, so no iPod/TomTom sound anymore.

It MIGHT be possible to "extract" the audio signals from the wiring to the TomTom (the mini-

ISO-plugs) and route that into an auxilary-input on a new radio, but I'm not sure the system

will even work when there's no serial communication between the radio and TomTom.

You can try this by removing the bluw/green/yellow mini-ISO's from the radio and see if the system will

still work. If so, I can probably find out which pins on which plug output audio from the TomTom/iPod.

phone calls and sat nav go through the front left speaker. This happens no matter if you have AUX selected, listening to a CD, the radio or the HU turned off.

Thanks. It sounds like the TomTom mutes the headunit and uses it's own amplifier to output the bluetooth and satnav audio, similar to how a handsfree set would work. I'm guessing then that the music from the TomTom is through an aux connection into the back of the headunit. I wonder how these connections are made, similar to an iPod integration unit?

I'm trying to wok out if I could make up a harness myself to integrate a TomTom similar to the Aygo Go. Some satnav units have an fm broadcast but I'd like to have a harness from the docking unit to the stereo.

Here's a view of the rear of the radio/TomTom within the panel with all wiring:

33.jpg

The wiring top right is for iPod and USb (obviously), the box to the lower left is the mute-box for thehandsfree/satnav

sound, the rest of the wiring ties the TomTom into the radio so the radio can play the audio and (AFAIK) so you

can control some of the audio-functions of the TomTom with the buttons on the radio...

Thanks Jan. I was looking to see if something like an iO Connect system could be a suitable way to integrate the TomTom SatNav unit with the cars audio system rather than putting together a system from scratch. TomTom don't seem to currently offer any kit to integrate their sat nav units through the docking station, so I'm thinking the Aygo Go sat nav wiring originates from Toyota and not TomTom?

The iO play is probably an easier way to integrate the sat nav. You can connect your phone and your sat nav via bluetooth and play both through the car Speakers (using the audio output via bluetooth on the sat nav). The iO play system has its own amplifier so installation is very straightforward.

I'm thinking the Aygo Go sat nav wiring originates from Toyota and not TomTom?

I really don't know, as I have no hands-on experience with this system at all.

But I DID read on this forum that the system is actually an Eclipse II in a

different "box", maybe that can help you figure out what you'd like to do?

I should have a pinning for the actual OEM radio's mini-ISO's (non-standard)

somewhere, but I'd have to look that up and translate. Interested?

just for your info the sat nav doesnt mute the radio, it just cuts the volume slightly and sends it mono (only out of the right speakers) while it reads out directions, then it cuts the left back and pumps up the volume again.

It looks like it would be more straightforward for me to get the iO Play system.

Jan,

Thanks for the offer on the mini ISO plug pin information, but I don't think I'll be making use of it. Of course, by the time I get round to doing the job, I may have changed my mind again. Don't seem to have any free time at the moment.

• 6 months later...

Anyone got the part no.s for the tom tom, dock, and loom?

& to save me ringing Mr T... the cost?

Sorry, no link as the forum is closed off due to someone on a blog leeching our

content and it's completely in Dutch, so you wouldn't be able to read it either...

But fitting it is pretty easy, as it IS plug&play. The guy that did it on the

forum got the SatNav out of his girlfriends brandnew Aygo Navigator

and just swapped over the entire center console cover with radio and all,

so it was just a matter of removing the blowrknob, undoing one screw,

then prying off the panel and unplugging the radio.

Refitting is the reverse procedure.

Just remebered that I CAN put up a picture:

33.jpg

This is the entire panel, should you get the separate SatNav it would be a

matter of drilling holes in the correct locations with the proper diameter.

According to the AIM the partsnumbers are PZ49Y-90330-00 for the installation-kit

and PZ49Y-90331-00 for the actual TomTom (for Western Europe).

No true idea on pricing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than £400...

According to the AIM the partsnumbers are PZ49Y-90330-00 for the installation-kit

and PZ49Y-90331-00 for the actual TomTom (for Western Europe).

No true idea on pricing, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than £400...

Toyota Ireland have it listed as:

PZ49Y-90330-00 @ €396.63 inc VAT

PZ49Y-90331-00 @ €511.77 inc VAT

Toyota UK

PZ49Y-90330-00 @ £253.12 + VAT

PZ49Y-90331-00 @ price not listed

It is shown on Tom Tom's website too but there is no price to buy online.

Tom Tom

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links