Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Help

Lorenzouk

Hello

I am new on here and new to Toyota. I am currently a very disgruntled Renault owner and in the process of purchasing a used Toyota Auris 1.6 TR VVT-I MM AUTOMATIC 57 plate which is ex-motorbility. It has 14000 miles. Is this a safe, reliable car to purchase?

I need a run around really and have seen this and heard they are a good car.

Is there anything I need to wary of that the local reliable used car dealer isn't telling me?

I have also noticed the radio has RDS/CD/MP3 printed on it. I cant seem to find the MP3 input. Does anyone know where this is located or if it installed.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks

I think with the radio/cd the MP3 bit means it's capable of playing c.ds onto which MP3 music files are burnt? :)

In my opinion its a very safe (9 airbags including knee airbag) car, very comfortable, reliable in my opinion just little niggly things that all get fixed under warranty (and toyota dealerships are amazing anyway). I'm very glad I bought one. Very spacious too!!

I swapped my 3 year old 1.4 Corolla for a new 1.33 Auris back in October 2009, and don't have any regrets. More spacious than the Corolla - for people and luggage. Better economy. Performance not very different despite being a heavier car with a slightly smaller engine.

I can confirm that the stereo will play CDR's or CDRW's with MP3's burnt on.

Hello

I am new on here and new to Toyota. I am currently a very disgruntled Renault owner and in the process of purchasing a used Toyota Auris 1.6 TR VVT-I MM AUTOMATIC 57 plate which is ex-motorbility. It has 14000 miles. Is this a safe, reliable car to purchase?

I need a run around really and have seen this and heard they are a good car.

Is there anything I need to wary of that the local reliable used car dealer isn't telling me?

I have also noticed the radio has RDS/CD/MP3 printed on it. I cant seem to find the MP3 input. Does anyone know where this is located or if it installed.

I hope you can help me.

Thanks

My 1st Auris was a 1.6 TR (not automatic though). Loved it. Went to 1.6 SR. Loved it. Went to SR180 love it. They're all good in my humble opinion. :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone. We have bought the auris and picking up on tuesday. Bring on the toyota. I hope its better than that french rubbish.

Thank you everyone. We have bought the auris and picking up on tuesday. Bring on the toyota. I hope its better than that french rubbish.

Anything is better than the french rubbish :lol::rolleyes:

As for being ex-Motability the car will be serviced and maintenanced

and look after :thumbsup:

Hi

Thanks for all your responses. It has been very helpful. I am now a proud owner of a 3 door 57 plate auris. Can anyone tell me how I make the doors lock automatically when I drive off??

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for all your responses. It has been very helpful. I am now a proud owner of a 3 door 57 plate auris. Can anyone tell me how I make the doors lock automatically when I drive off??

Thanks

bit dodgy if you have an accident and someone needs to get you quickly and your incapable to do so yourself.as say in a fire.

valid point. But I was thinking more from a safety point of view as some people out there do open doors when in traffic and rob you or want your car. Most cars these days have this feature.

I am also trying to find the auto lights. any ideas?

Don't think the TR has either auto locking that locks the doors when the car reaches a certain speed, nor auto lights.

Auto locking doors is more commonly known as 'Anti Hijack' and a lot of new cars (and older cars) have this feature built in, or at least the ability to activate if you want/need it.

Its good for vulnerable drivers (women or elderly) who want the security of the car locking them in from any would be car jackers, and also useful for locking the boot so a would be thief couldn't open your boot at a set of lights.

Part of the feature is also to unlock all doors in the event of an accident (probably if the air bag was deployed) so you could be rescued if needed.

I had this feature on a 55 plate SEAT Leon, a 55 plate Skoda Fabia and an 05 plate Mondeo ST, so i find it a bit disappointing that my 08 plate Auris doesn't include this as standard.

If your car has auto lights then it will be easy to find.

Have a look at the indicator stalk, and at the end is the light control which you need to turn upwards in order to switch on sidelights and then up again to turn on headlights. If you have auto lights then you will be able to turn it up a 3rd time to 'auto' position.

Also you should have light sensors on the dash either side of the windscreen vents.

:thumbsup:

I'm shocked that the Auris doesn't have a button to lock all the doors, like the Corolla does. Backward step?

It does have a button to lock all the doors.

But that's not what the OP was asking about. He wanted to know about AUTO locking, which is a security/safety feature that is very handy if you have had it, and then miss it when you no longer have it.

For me personally, i don;t mind not having it as i do not look like an easy target for a car jacker, but if i was to let my GF drive it or i had my daughter in the car, its peace of mind knowing that it would give a little bit of security if the doors weren't locked manually.

"Anything is better than the french rubbish"

Does that include the Yaris? :)

• 7 years later...
On 1/18/2011 at 8:14 PM, Daveyonthemove said:

This link MIGHT help to figure out what spec your car should or shouldn't have:

http://www.leasingoptions.co.uk/downloads/documentation/cars/toyota/Auris%20November%2009.pdf

Beware, it might take a while to load.

Just on the leasing front, have you had a look at some of the leasing providers, we got a great deal on our RAV

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links