Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Drain

azara50

I have a carina e cd, when its left standing a few days the Battery is completely drained, I have taken to disconnecting the Battery every time its standing, I have butterfly screws on it so its easy to do with no tools, I would like to run a hidden switch inside the car to cut off the Battery to save keep going in the bonnet, how would I do this, the only thing that I think could be draining the battery is the immobiliser and alarm, although I don't even know if its got an alarm, I only have one key, no remote,I took off the glove compartment, but on the far left is a sort of black box, do you know what that is? Or I may just buy the Battery Brain Gold. Has anyone else used this.

I bought 2 new batteries, thats why I disconnect it now when its standing, now when I connect it, it starts first time, no problems, so I don't really want to pay for an electrician to sort it, so a switch may be better to just disconnect the Battery when its standing for a few days

Sorry, i meant to say; disconnect the alternator not the starter motor then you will know whether it's the alternator or something a little more difficult to find.

Hi mate it would seem there is an electrical short in your system my first thought would be one of the one way diodes in the alternator. Also make sure there is no interior lights stuck on say the glove comparment or rear hatch

The alternator was tested as OK by a mechanic, I have now disconnected the plug for the alarm (under the expansion tank) no problems anywhere and so far the Battery has not gone flat, even when standing for a few days, I never had a remote anyway, just use the key, the immobiliser seems to be working too, well the light comes on, so I assume the immobiliser is working OK. Thanks to Jaggerismyname saying where the alarm plug was.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links