Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Headlight Bulbs - To Avoid!

cruiser007

Hi,

I purchased a pair of Bosch Pure Light H4 Headlight bulbs for my Toyota Yaris as Which? Magazine rated the H7 version of these bulbs a BEST BUY and stated they were the brightest bulbs on the market. After fitting the bulbs I can confirm they are NO brighter than the 3 year old bulbs I removed!!! If you want some bright bulbs for your Yaris then the Bosch Pure Light bulbs should be avoided. I now wish I purchased the Philips Ultra bulbs (or better) instead.

Conversely we had one of the Philips Extreme bulbs in our Mazda 2 blow on 30th Dec. Similarly following the Which? recommendation, we replaced the H7 bulbs with a pair of Bosch Pure Light H7's, and have found the Bosch bulbs to be as good as the Philips.

The Which? test was using a Vauxhall Corsa and H7 bulbs, and I note that you have H4's. Perhaps this explains the difference in performance

Lidl have some Wotan +50% H4 bulbs in stock as of yesterday (one of their special deals so will be gone soon, if not already). £3.99 for 2 which sounds like a bargain. Haven't tried them myself but on other forums I go on they are getting good reviews. In any case, much better than paying £10 for one standard bulb at Halfrauds. If anyone's tried them in the Yaris please let us know.

In the Auto Express test of H4 headlight bulbs, the following were recommendations:

Up to 60% brighter - Osram Silverstar, Halfords Super Brilliance, and Philips VisionPlus. Up to 100% brighter - Osram Night Breaker Plus, Philips X-tremeVision, and GE MegaLight Ultra. This test is probably more relevant to the Yaris than the Which? test - which covered H7's.

Certainly the Lidl bulbs would be worth considering - due to their cost (£ 3.99 for a pair of +50%. Previous Lidl bulbs have been made in Germany, so I presume these will be as well.

I will probably get a set of H7's to act as spares for the Auris and Mazda.

• 2 months later...

Well they're H4 so they'll fit the Yaris, but they're "unbranded" so its a complete gamble regarding quality and brightness.

Personally, I prefer to pay more and get the best branded products I can for lights, brakes and tyres...

I agree with Alfejts, it is important to get the best breaks, lights and tyres for your car. I never ever skrimp on any of them. I've recently bought Philips Xtreme Vision for my Yaris which replace the previous, Power ones. very, very good bulbs!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links