Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lcd Language

Thiva

Hi everyone

just got my toyota Prius from Japan and can anyone tell me how to chnage the lauguage on the LCD display.Its in japaneese

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

without looking in the book, it's in the car, ithink it's as follows:-

If you use the steering wheel controls - display button - snd cycle through to 'settings' the language selection will be on there somewhere.

You say you got your car from Japan? Through a dealer? He should have set your language for you surely??

Welcome to TOC :thumbsup:

without looking in the book, it's in the car, ithink it's as follows:-

If you use the steering wheel controls - display button - snd cycle through to 'settings' the language selection will be on there somewhere.

You say you got your car from Japan? Through a dealer? He should have set your language for you surely??

tks,

nop unfortunately they have not. Can u pls be more specific how to do it?

On this forum our Prius knowledge generally covers the following two Prius models, NHW20 (1.5l engine) and ZVW30 (1.8l engine), which we usually refer to as the Gen 2 and Gen 3, both are hatch back cars.

Each of the above models of Prius has a different sequence of buttons for changing the Language displayed, and it is reasonable to assume that the different Language choices available may be specific to the region that the car was destined to be sold in.

Please tell us the Prius model that you have imported?

Googling 'prius changing Japanese to English' brings up quite a few requests on how to do this and unfortunately it seems not possible according to various forums in USA and UK

On this forum our Prius knowledge generally covers the following two Prius models, NHW20 (1.5l engine) and ZVW30 (1.8l engine), which we usually refer to as the Gen 2 and Gen 3, both are hatch back cars.

Each of the above models of Prius has a different sequence of buttons for changing the Language displayed, and it is reasonable to assume that the different Language choices available may be specific to the region that the car was destined to be sold in.

Please tell us the Prius model that you have imported?

its a NHW20 (1.5l engine)

You can download the 2007 Owners Manual from the following site:

2007 Owners Manual

On page 166, it shows using the "Info" button to select the screen where you can then select the Language (book) icon.

Good luck.

did you get to fix the LCD language Thiva?

as on my previous post above it seems no-one in the USA or EU has managed it so far

• 2 weeks later...

did you get to fix the LCD language Thiva?

as on my previous post above it seems no-one in the USA or EU has managed it so far

Hi

Tks for the all the help, unfortunately it seems that the option for changing of the lauguage is not available. I even took it to Toyota and they sais that !Removed! have not given them the required software.

Tks