Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hello

newtome

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so apologies if i have posted in the wrong place.

I have just purchased my first Rav today, 2003 plate 2.0 VVTI XT4 with Sat Nav Radio but what i'm after are the side skirts and the boot luggage cover. Does anyone know where i can get these from and competitively priced?

I'm also wondering who has what bluetooth handsfree device fitted to these and what's the best option to go for?

Thanks for reading,

Michelle

Hi Michelle

I am also interested in what handsfree solutions have been used by others. I would like something that integrates well and also works well with an iPhone.

Hope (you will) you get some views on this.

Goldtar

I too have just taken delivery of a 2004 XT3 today.

My previous car was an Audi A6 1.9 Tdi, so it will feel a bit different for a while.

I had a Parrot CK3100 hands free unit in the Audi and it worked so well that I had it taken out and it will be re-fitted in the RAV early next week.

I am now on the hunt for suitable mounting for my hand held Garmin GPSMAP 62S.

Phil

Hi,

My 56 plate T180 has bluetooth/sat-nav built into the radio head unit from the factory, to be honest though I prefer just using my clip on ear bluetooth, it easier and safer just touching your ear piece to answer the phone, and even my 3 year old nokia phone has voice dialing, so its just a case of touching the device in my ear and speaking a name to make a call.

Regards Austin..

Hi,

My 56 plate T180 has bluetooth/sat-nav built into the radio head unit from the factory, to be honest though I prefer just using my clip on ear bluetooth, it easier and safer just touching your ear piece to answer the phone, and even my 3 year old nokia phone has voice dialing, so its just a case of touching the device in my ear and speaking a name to make a call.

Regards Austin..

I am very reluctant to reccomend anything, but as i don't drive my car a lot i have just got one of THESE for christmas which i know is not as good as a permanant handsfree kit, but i can transfer it easily between my car + cab, and have to say for £40 off Amazon its very impressive :thumbsup: Stew

My previous car was an Audi A6 1.9 Tdi, so it will feel a bit different for a while.

I had a Parrot CK3100 hands free unit in the Audi and it worked so well that I had it taken out and it will be re-fitted in the RAV early next week.

Phil

I've also moved over to a RAV4 from VAG and always used Brodit mounts in my Leon's. Just fitted a 853753 ProClip onto my RAV4 dash to hold the active mount for my TomTom. Looks like something likeTHIS is the kit you'd need? If you search the Brodit site and the dsld site, there's lots of different holders and active (charging) holders to suit all sorts of phones and satnavs, etc. They are very good quality kit, no rattles or falling-off; always ordered mine from the same place and never had any problems.

Forgive if I'm telling you stuff you already know! :thumbsup:

-

Phil

I've also moved over to a RAV4 from VAG and always used Brodit mounts in my Leon's. Just fitted a 853753 ProClip onto my RAV4 dash to hold the active mount for my TomTom. Looks like something likeTHIS is the kit you'd need? If you search the Brodit site and the dsld site, there's lots of different holders and active (charging) holders to suit all sorts of phones and satnavs, etc. They are very good quality kit, no rattles or falling-off; always ordered mine from the same place and never had any problems.

Forgive if I'm telling you stuff you already know! :thumbsup:

Hi. Interesting. I bought a Brodit mount for my 2005 RAV4 and although I know Brodit have a very good reputation, I didn't think much of the product and it tended to drop off occasionally!

What I didn't like was the fact that it relied on double-sided tape for securing and while that made it easy to fit, it was not the most secure mounting :rolleyes:

What I DID use without any problems and would recommend is the Dashmount mount. that does need a little bit of disassembly (the two silver trim panels have to be pulled off and a side screw removed and then replaced with the dashmount sandwiched between screw and hole).

Very secure and very adaptable in terms of what can be fitted to it.

If you do a bit of a search on my name in the forum you shoukdl be able to find pictures of both a Dashmount and a Brodit installed on a 2005 RAV4 :thumbsup:

Hi. Interesting. I bought a Brodit mount for my 2005 RAV4 and although I know Brodit have a very good reputation, I didn't think much of the product and it tended to drop off occasionally!

What I didn't like was the fact that it relied on double-sided tape for securing and while that made it easy to fit, it was not the most secure mounting :rolleyes:

What I DID use without any problems and would recommend is the Dashmount mount. that does need a little bit of disassembly (the two silver trim panels have to be pulled off and a side screw removed and then replaced with the dashmount sandwiched between screw and hole).

Very secure and very adaptable in terms of what can be fitted to it.

If you do a bit of a search on my name in the forum you shoukdl be able to find pictures of both a Dashmount and a Brodit installed on a 2005 RAV4 :thumbsup:

Hmmm That is interesting... Fitted 1 to each of my 3 x Leon's over the 8 years I drove VAG with no problems at all. The one I've fitted to the RAV4 does use double-sided tape to hold the top mount tongue but it is very secure. I'm sure like you, I cleaned everything with cloths and cotton-buds dipped in meths first to make sure everything was dust- and grease-free and spotless, and fully dried. Time will tell I suppose. The acid test is very hot weather - all the Leon's spent the summer in Spain at the in-laws and the RAV4 will too - that heat will test the mount out! Will report back if I have any problems. :)

....... I'm sure like you, I cleaned everything with cloths and cotton-buds dipped in meths first to make sure everything was dust- and grease-free and spotless, and fully dried. Time will tell I suppose. The acid test is very hot weather - all the Leon's spent the summer in Spain at the in-laws and the RAV4 will too - that heat will test the mount out! Will report back if I have any problems. :)

when it comes to tape, seems you can follow the rules perfectly and it will work or not work at random! :unsure: I fitted a set of full length door protectors to my current car when it was just about 2 weeks old, carefully cleaning the area first with car wash, then drying and applying IPA, warming it with a hair dryer, masking tape to help take the weight until the tape had fully bonded, etc, etc.

one door protector strip just kept unsticking in two places and another on one place, and worse when the sun was on it (so not that often up here :rolleyes: ). the other two were perfect :huh:

What I DID use without any problems and would recommend is the Dashmount mount.

I have the Dashmount for my 2007 T180.

It's pretty secure, but find if the device held in it is heavy-ish, it tends to bounce up-and-down a bit.

Still, a neat solution.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links