Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Underseat Subwoofer

msprince

i just have got past the stage of really loud bass and no boot space so was just thinking about one of these, Blaupunkt.

I just want some thing to give a bit of bass.

Why not take a look at man-bings gallery and do a stealth install like his?

I had two very much like the THB 200A under the drivers and passnenger's seats, and it was a B**** to wire up + hide everything, but they were pretty novel.

I had an infinity basslink which is kind of like a halfway house between the traditional "rude boi" woofer and the possibly !Removed!-inducing underseat subwoofer

basslink1.jpg

Good ideas but still too intrusive.

I can deal with hiding wires and wiring up, that comes easy to me.

I just want something that you dont see and doesnt take up any room in my boot as my Battery will be making its way in there soon

hahahahhaha! "!Removed! inducing" :thumbsup:

The underseat sub will do if you're not looking for anything OTT.

They're all right, but I had a 125w model so not sure how the 70w will hold up?

After finally moving my pics from another forum to here, i can show my boot install pics.

Here's how all sub's should be fitted :lol: but of course, it does come at a premium, but trust me, well worth it.

gallery_1491_1308_123423.jpg

gallery_1491_1308_101005.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wondered if it was possible or realistic to fit a 6.5" or 8" sub woofer to the rear door speaker location by grafting on a bit of a bulge there ?

Mines a 5 door and there seems plenty of space down there; like MSP would like a little bit extra bass without going all the way.

man-bing i do like your install and aprechiate the work that went into making it but its still too noticable tho.

theres enough of a recess to push the sub a touch further in than man-bings...... youl probably find his is of reputable quality and as such has a stonking magnet on the back?! (sure hell confirm ;) ) msp is yours a 3 door? or 5? 3 doors have got bucket loads of space in the rear quater panel.if your willing to do a bit of fab you could put a smaller sub each side.

theres always the other option... ditch the spare wheel, buy a can of tyre sealant and AA road cover. hmmmm best options gotta be **** hot components up front and ignore the sub if space is a massive issue. personally i couldnt knowingly carry weight and ruin my mpg more than the current 13mpg :(

My experience with under seat subs, errrm .....yeah. didnt like it at all. felt weak. I used to run a Kicker Comp 12'' Square sub. it was niiiiiiiiice. and being square fitted in loadsa cool places.

Cheers mr-p but i have been told they are terrible.

I think im going to replace the Speakers first then see how it sounds, if im still wanting more bass ill need to look into more options.

Cheers guys.

Ricc what sorta size is the kicka? I know 12" but is that inc edges?

Also does it have a built in amplifier?

man-bing i do like your install and aprechiate the work that went into making it but its still too noticable tho.

Trust me, once you open the boot, unless you know what your looking for, its blends in very well, and doesn't really look out of place as such.

Yes i have lost some space in the side wells, but the main boot area in the centre still makes it ideal for daily usage without having a large sub-box on one side of the boot and trying to fit things around it.

Bing

:thumbsup:

no probs you could always do what im going to do as i need the boot space but mis my sub

get the spare wheel out lay some carpet in the wheel well put the alloy in upside down and make up a plate and get a smaller bolt to secure it down, then make a mdf floor with some hinges at the rear, cut a hole for your sub above the spare sink the sub in and make your own circular box, go to maplin get a metal mesh sub cover and :thumbsup: minimal intrusion into the boot and some bass!!

• 5 years later...
On 17 January 2011 at 2:41 PM, man-bing said:

After finally moving my pics from another forum to here, i can show my boot install pics.

Here's how all sub's should be fitted :lol: but of course, it does come at a premium, but trust me, well worth it.

gallery_1491_1308_123423.jpg

gallery_1491_1308_101005.jpg

Im in loveee 😍 Getting excitedby looking at it 😂

How did you do this lol any guides or anything?

thanks in advance 😃

1 hour ago, sohail-94 said:

Im in loveee 😍 Getting excitedby looking at it 😂

How did you do this lol any guides or anything?

thanks in advance 😃

As you have seen from ManBings profile,.not sure if he is around these days.

Though his picture gallery only has the few pics of those bass units, feel sure I remember seeing his or a similar post  of how they built it.

Feel sure it was in this Corolla forum or might have been the Audio forum, which a lot of folk miss.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/forum/19-audiovideoelectronics/

Think if you do a Search on both you may find details of that build.

If I remember it was not anything super technical, fibre glass and plywood , I think,    just that attention was paid to the obvious finishing detail.

EDIT  - lots of similar builds on ytube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieIAywZ3q6A