Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Driving Lights

alanwales

Has anyone fitted LED driving lights to the front of their Prius. If so can you tell me where to easily pick up a 'live' connection on the wiring without having to go all the way back to the Battery. Philips do a good but expensive kit which looks quite good when you superimpose it onto a photo of the Prius.

Including illuminated Toyota emblems on the front and rear and also illuminated sill covers for the front doors. All illumincation is in blue and does look half good.

Pedant warning thumbsup.gif

Those aren't 'driving lights', what you are referring to are daylight running lights big difference. And most important distinction to make is that the type of light e.g. fog, auxiliary, headlight, driving is determined by their position and useage not by what they are sold as. Schedule 5 parts 1 and 2 of the road vehicles lighting regulation 1989 state that driving lights must be switched of with the same switch as you main beam.

Out of interest, what is wrong with your side lights that you can't use those?

Pedant warning thumbsup.gif

Those aren't 'driving lights', what you are referring to are daylight running lights big difference. And most important distinction to make is that the type of light e.g. fog, auxiliary, headlight, driving is determined by their position and useage not by what they are sold as. Schedule 5 parts 1 and 2 of the road vehicles lighting regulation 1989 state that driving lights must be switched of with the same switch as you main beam.

Out of interest, what is wrong with your side lights that you can't use those?

lol - he want's to dazzle us all!!

:thumbsup:

hi Alan

I have fitted day time running light to my prius t4 gen3,if you look in the fuse box under the bonnet on the right hsnd side there is a fuse that is marked running light,to make sure look it up in the hand book.the fuse is perment live.the light i have are from Halfords,Lyre dual function day/night lamps.Hope this helps,.

Denis L

hi Alan

I have fitted day time running light to my prius t4 gen3,if you look in the fuse box under the bonnet on the right hsnd side there is a fuse that is marked running light,to make sure look it up in the hand book.the fuse is perment live.the light i have are from Halfords,Lyre dual function day/night lamps.Hope this helps,.

Denis L

Thanks Denis for your information. Very helpful. Will look this weekend. Someone asked the question 'what is wrong with sidelights'. My answer to that is that the Prius sidelights are not very good in the dark, never mind in the daylight. Someone also suggested that they are fitted just to dazzle drivers. That would be impossible to do in daylight. We are after all talking about a piece of safety equipment. Thanks everyone for their comments.

I thought I read somewhere that daylight running lights were compulsory on new cars from 1Feb 2011 ... As my 11-plate T-Spirit arrives on 1 March, does anyone know what the DRL lights look like on a Prius ? ... I've ordered the LED pack on mine so I'm hoping for some nice fancy LED DRLs on it - maybe not as snazzy as a new Audi - but I hope they do something nice ?...

Jon

I thought they would finally become mandatory as well but haven't heart anything as such.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links