Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

With Regret......

anchorman

If you have to sell , then sell it . But i hope you stay with us here because in mine oppinion you are the most helpfull member here :thumbsup:

I am going to sell mine rav4 soon too :crybaby: not because i want ( i love her ) but because i cannot aford to keep two cars , and new VW Scirocco its on the way ( i will regret this next winter ;) )

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• anchorman

• bothwell_buyer

• Big Kev

• local hero

hmmmm, what can i say :gabbo2:

a rav4 collecting dust in garage isn't very useful and if the need isn't there to use it :g:

but anyhow your a star for all the work on this forum :thumbsup:

These are all sincerely nice comments and I do appreciate it. I've looked at Kia's Hyundai's and smaller Toyotas but still not made my mind up.

None are as nice as the RAV but I just feel that common sense says that it is a waste of money for the amount of use it gets.

Daughter bought the brand new Kia sportage thingy - 20 years guarantee and loads of extras ... of course I've not driven it cos its a 5 door oil burner and I have princeiples. However nice car and the warranty is as long as any (7 years actually) that I've seen.

Ancs - I guess you are catching me up age wise and will soon find that owning a fast RAV is the best way to go. I could even give you a loan of one for short spells to convince you !! Number 1 is hibernating just now and number 2 is enjoying more use since my 2nd daughter borrowed/got given the Previa.

These are all sincerely nice comments and I do appreciate it. I've looked at Kia's Hyundai's and smaller Toyotas but still not made my mind up.

None are as nice as the RAV but I just feel that common sense says that it is a waste of money for the amount of use it gets.

Well no ones Rav gets used less than mine, but when i do use it i really appreciate how good it is, keep it, look after it, (I know you will) and think of it long term not something you are going to change in 3yrs time, you have already lost the largest part of depreciation, think of where you live + the snow, and what are you going to do with the money? stick it in the bank at 0.5% with inflation already on the rise, or give it some jumped up financial advisor who will charge you 2% handling fee, and lose your money faster than a drunk in Vegas, No IMO keep it enjoy it :yes: but if you still want/need to change get something small + reliable + if you need a rav for a weekend away, you can use mine :thumbsup: Stew

Anch,s------- Urbancruiser--------Urbancruiser seriously 60mpg AWD and Toyota JAPANESE built!!!!!!! what more could you ask for?

Regards Clare

I haven't logged on TOC for a while due other commitments but OMG, ANCH selling his Rav... have the magnetic poles shifted already?? Birds dropping from the sky, thousands of dead fish. I'm seriously considering joining the 2012forum - the end is in sight :help:

If you wanted something interesting to work on, there's an auction of Marvel movie cars: Historics at Brooklands

And if anyone has more money than sense, you can get a rebadged Toyota IQ for £40k :eek:

Anchorman - NO!!! We will all fall into despair.

Perhaps you should buy your replacement vehicle (and experience its inevitable inferiority) before you sell the RAV? That way you might yet make the right decision...

Anch,s------- Urbancruiser--------Urbancruiser seriously 60mpg AWD and Toyota JAPANESE built!!!!!!! what more could you ask for?

Regards Clare

I might as well keep mine as spend that much Clare. I did look but couldn't find any benefit :thumbsup:

If its a cheap car you want, and a car happy to spend lots of time in a garage.... buy a landrover! :lol:

Regards Clare

I might as well keep mine as spend that much Clare. I did look but couldn't find any benefit :thumbsup:

If ye must, Anchs, there are some absolutely stunning examples of the previous Passat available all over the U.K., a vehicle I wholeheartedly recommendulate, having had 2 different concurrent variants/body shapes. Available in 110/140/170 bhp variants, I found my 140 Sport trim model extremely frugal and fun to drive. When Wee Mo "wanted me to opt for" The Rav, I wanted to buy a Passat Coupe (CC).

As said before, I envy not yer task. With your basic knowledge of how cars work, get yerself a Daihatsu Terios, recommended by none urra than yerself....!

Big Kev :thumbsup:

If you think about it hard enough, any car is about the worst investment you can make. New ones depreciate like there's no tomorrow and if you try to avoid the dreaded depr'n and buy cheap & cheerful, you invariably end up with an unreliable heap that needs a fortune spending on it to keep it going. The ultimate lose:lose situation. But, being realistic, there's nothing worse than selling a vehicle that you rate since, in no time, you start to beat yourself up for being so short-sighted. I traded in my beloved Fireblade a couple of years back for a nice shiny VFR because the 'blade spent too much time in the garage, I couldn't justify the expense, etc., etc. After a couple of months I bought it back and life came back on course immediately. I won't make that mistake again.

At the end of the day, life is too short and whatever you save needs to be spent on something or invested (and as a previous poster has said, you'll get bugger-all return for the next decade or so) - you can't take it with you so you may as well enjoy it. Believe there is nothing worse than the "if only..." game.

If you think about it hard enough, any car is about the worst investment you can make. New ones depreciate like there's no tomorrow and if you try to avoid the dreaded depr'n and buy cheap & cheerful, you invariably end up with an unreliable heap that needs a fortune spending on it to keep it going. The ultimate lose:lose situation. But, being realistic, there's nothing worse than selling a vehicle that you rate since, in no time, you start to beat yourself up for being so short-sighted. I traded in my beloved Fireblade a couple of years back for a nice shiny VFR because the 'blade spent too much time in the garage, I couldn't justify the expense, etc., etc. After a couple of months I bought it back and life came back on course immediately. I won't make that mistake again.

At the end of the day, life is too short and whatever you save needs to be spent on something or invested (and as a previous poster has said, you'll get bugger-all return for the next decade or so) - you can't take it with you so you may as well enjoy it. Believe there is nothing worse than the "if only..." game.

Hear Hear!

Sometimes it's worth letting your heart rule your head :thumbsup:

Hear Hear!

Sometimes it's worth letting your heart rule your head :thumbsup:

Too right

You are only here once,my father passed away back in 1999,because of a heart attack,from that day i swore that i would live each & every day as if it were my last.

He had his first heart attack at 40 ( i'm 40 this year ..:crybaby: ),my uncle,aunties & nan & grandad all on my dads side have died in past 10 years with heart attacks.

So although i look after myself farely well,it could happen to me in next few years......so i say.....live life to the full :yahoo: :yahoo: as

its way........way.....to short :thumbsup:

Anchs if you are looking for something to keep your tools from going rusty I may have just the thing :thumbsup:

Will you take a part ex ?

CIMG0347.jpg

If you fancy a Stag, theres one for sale overhere. Immaculate condition,white and yours for £15000,yes £15000!!!!. As for the Terios if only they had put a diesel engine in it.34mpg is so poor for such a small SUV.

Regards Clare

Anchs....just say yes and get me and Bothy the address where this car is kept. We'll do the rest, but you're NO gettin' it !!

Big Kev :help:

If you fancy a Stag, theres one for sale overhere. Immaculate condition,white and yours for £15000,yes £15000!!!!. As for the Terios if only they had put a diesel engine in it.34mpg is so poor for such a small SUV.

Regards Clare

Always wanted one, Clare, but I shudder to think what its inherent rust problem is like when it has been further exacerbated by being surrounded by the Irish Sea !!!!!

Big Kev

Regards Clare

15K :eek: I may have to rethink my pricing. Roll on summer.

If anyone (Kev) fancies a little unnoficial viewing it's only fair to warn you that it is protected by something fairly ferocious. And if you get past the missus you then have to contend with the dogs :unsure:

Regards Clare

15K :eek: I may have to rethink my pricing. Roll on summer.

If anyone (Kev) fancies a little unnoficial viewing it's only fair to warn you that it is protected by something fairly ferocious. And if you get past the missus you then have to contend with the dogs :unsure:

One wife and two dugs = 3 Steak and Mogadon pies, nig.xl....sorted....when are you normally oot?

Big Kev :ph34r:

As for the Terios if only they had put a diesel engine in it.34mpg is so poor for such a small SUV.

Regards Clare

Agree absolutely. Put the lovely little Pug 1.6 Hdi 110 engine in it and it would get about 50mpg and become a very sought after vehicle around the moor and the badlands of rural Devon. But I am hardly going to buy a vehicle that is much smaller that the current lump yet uses 20% more fuel - or replace her ladyship's 206 with a vehicle that uses almost twice the fuel. :huh:

Wakey wakey Die-fatso! Us punters are trying to tell you something. It is called a buying signal in the business - or in this case a non-buying one!

Mike D

• 2 months later...

I have just seen this thread... is it a nightmare! Will I wake up in a moment in a cold sweat! :(

Ha ha!

Sleep well mate I'm still here as often as I can be!

I suppose some pictures are long overdue and a bit of a report but no time now. Here is a quick look though.

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links