Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sat Nav

MG Nut

Hi Guys.

Sorry me again, when I checked out the car at the dealers yesterday, the sales guy who I like no B******t from him,he said lets make sure every thing you asked for has been done, there still is no top on the fuse box under the bonnet, and there is no sat nav, due to no discs, its an Sept 07 car, can anyone tell me how many discs there should be, when I first asked about it I was told it should cover europe, so I guess there would be more than one disc, the only one in the car is the Cd about the remote parking, can some one please advise.

Thanks.

MGnut Colin

Mine is 57 Prius Gen 2. The installed disc in the Sat nav does all UK and Eastern Europe. There are three other discs in the car glove compartment for Southern Italy etc making a total of four discs, these came with the car. My car was only 3 months old when I bought it and had a previous owner I do not think he purchased extra discs. Your dealer should sell the car you are buying with working Sat Nav and discs.

The early Prius T-Spirit came with one disc and as Chris says the later cars came with four discs. I don't know when the switch from 1 to 4 occurred - if I was to guess somewhere between 2006 and 2007.

Chris, dealers source cars locally (i.e. the dealer sold, serviced and part-exchanged the car - in my view likely to be the cleanest cars), or from auction sites and ex-fleet. My guess is that a previous owner wouldn't go to the trouble of removing (assuming they knew how) the disc from the SAT-NAV ECU, but as for the rest... As posts about missing discs comes up every so often, I suppose there must be a trade in selling stolen SAT-NAV discs?

Either way, I'd let the dealer worry about that. The newer the better really!

Does "sold as seen" apply or is that a myth?

As far as I'm aware, "sold as seen" cannot be stated by a vehicle retailer because by law we are protected under the sale of goods act. The term is used at vehicle auctions, but you still have protection if the vehicle you have bought has not been described correctly i.e. you were told it was a 2.0 but it transpires to be a 1.6, or it wasn't declared as having been recorded on the V5 as damaged and repaired, stolen/recovered or was declared as a one owner car and has in fact had three etc etc.

If you are selling your car privately it will be automatically "sold as seen", it is up to the buyer to carry out checks to ensure it is clear of finance or not been an insurance loss, but again, the buyer will have comeback if they can prove you have made any misleading statements about the vehicle.

Does "sold as seen" apply or is that a myth?

Hi

Thanks guys, I told him I wanted to see it working before taking the car, but was not sure how many discs should be with it.

MGnut Colin

Hi MG,

I have a gen II at the moment and I have four sat nav disks plus one cd telling you how to use the park assist, I have asked a similar question in an earlier post about the gen III Prius.

Hope that this helps,

Regards Dsve.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links