Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport

Corolla Glynn

Hi All,

Anybody had issues with front wheel arch liners detaching?

My OSF did at 80mph!!!

Obviously no longer useful and damaged my wing a little in the process.

Another problem to deal with!!

Common problem, just bought one from a guy local and going to order one from kingo for the other side. This will be my 4th set.

Buy genuine Toyota though the plastic fake ones are worse iv tried 2 fake ones and they didnt last long at all!

Around £71 per arch dude. But if you go from breakers youll end up paying 40Ish anyway and trust me they dont last half as long as the genuine ones.

Cheers for the advice!

Toyota here I come.

Pockets to be emptied.

They also want around a tenner for the clips!!!!

Sorry if i seem thick n confused here...but how can Toyota design a car where front wheel arch liners detach? I didnt think this would happen on any car!!! Its worrying guys...Is it common on all toyota corollas or just T Sports???

Sammy

8 year old rolla 1.4 here, never had that issue and I've detached them myself before to do the HID's. hope that re-assures you :)

Its happened to me around 3 times, Ckman85 has had this problem but his was worse the whole undertray died LOL.

T-sport786 same thing, Bridges same thing

nearly everyone has been through a set i know lol

Maybe it's something we should check regularly?

Likeeee an extra service element...for Corolla's haha!

Aye been there too I'm afraid!! Bought a cheapy and as Farhan said don't waste your money, buy genuine they are far better. Kingo will be busy soon :lol:

LOL it happened to me on a spirited drive, All of a sudden this sound whizzing through from the bumper, It felt like some parts of the car have fallen off i was like VTEC kicked in slightly to hard today

I have also had this problem on the passenger side front, I ended up riveting mine down with better fixings, I was lucky as I was doing 35mph and heard it go and got out to find my liner touching the tyre, I pushed it back into the clips and limped home, then did a proper repair.

Had the car 18 months and never had this problem.

Have checked the clips underneath when I had the bumper off doing the bulbs.

Changed some of the clips as they did not look in good condition.

I did not pay Toyota rip off prices for them though I purchased some of the pine tree type and they are a nice tight fit and if you need to get them out again they can be re-used. :thumbsup:

well when i got my car back from the panel beaters he hadnt put 1 clip back into the plastic......did he think it would just sit there ?

i took the bumper off at his place to fit the HIDs while he was working on other cars but left every clip in a box for him :ffs:

so got 100 yards before i heard this rubbing noise, i struggled home and got some cable ties on it.

then after 8 months of messing i got her fairly well sorted. toyota clips for the arches and cable ties for undertray.

then after a wee incident in the snow the underguard went to crap....now on with 50 cable ties and 20 self tappers :rolleyes:

but as for it popping out itself i never had that hassle, neither did the sister or the brother in law

I did not pay Toyota rip off prices for them though I purchased some of the pine tree type and they are a nice tight fit and if you need to get them out again they can be re-used. :thumbsup:

Any links to the ones you got mate. I noticed mines might be missing a few clips :wacko:

now n with 50 cable ties and 20 self tappers :rolleyes:

Haha thats good, where you not bothered about the extra weight lol

Any links to the ones you got mate. I noticed mines might be missing a few clips :wacko:

Something like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25x-Plastic-Car-Trim-Clips-Fits-6-7mm-hole-14mm-Head-/270690266658?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0665ae22

These are not the same ones, I purchased mine from my local spares shop but they are very similar.

Try them for size in the plastic cover above the radiator if they fit there they should fit most of the others mine did.

The ones I had cost about £1.50 for 10, I had to try 2 types to get it right but at that price it won't break the bank :lol:

Something like these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/25x-Plastic-Car-Trim-Clips-Fits-6-7mm-hole-14mm-Head-/270690266658?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f0665ae22

These are not the same ones, I purchased mine from my local spares shop but they are very similar.

Try them for size in the plastic cover above the radiator if they fit there they should fit most of the others mine did.

The ones I had cost about £1.50 for 10, I had to try 2 types to get it right but at that price it won't break the bank :lol:

Cheers :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links