Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T Sport

mr-p

From the looks of it you used some sort of silicone/ruber hosing to space it?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr-p

• LOZZA_T_SPORT

• wangtastic

• corollat3sport

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

From the looks of it you used some sort of rubber/silicone hosing to space the filter away from the maf adapter, is that correct?

Just planning ahead for what I'll need to do. :)

i used a plastic silicone hose joiner like this

Pipe%20Connect%202%20400.jpg

joiner

and a rubber pipe to connect it to the maf pipe and the filter on the other side :thumbsup:

and a rubber pipe?

sorry if I'm being mighty daft but I don't understand :( lol

lol yeah the plastic joiner is the same diameter as the metal maf pipe and is joined on the outside with the rubber/silicone pipe. Ive used it more as a spacer than a joiner because with the filter joined to the maf pipe it would not run right

Ahhh I think I get ya!

The Joiner is 3" like the maf adapter, so you bought some bigger rubber/silicone piping to join it/extend to the air filter?

Sorry if I'm being stooopid but just wanna make sure I get it right for when I do it :P

Cheers for the tips so far :)

Mine is joined directly on to the MAF pipe and runs alright, was that a problem you experiences or one you heard about?

lol yeah mate thats it. Not stupid at all.↲they were my problems i had but have read a lot about people having problems with a 3" maf pipe. What size is yours 70mm or 3 inch? And is it a specific kit like k and n?

lol yeah mate thats it. Not stupid at all.↲they were my problems i had but have read a lot about people having problems with a 3" maf pipe. What size is yours 70mm or 3 inch? And is it a specific kit like k and n?

Theres no kit just a modified airbox and a k&n cone. Pretty sure mine is the 3 inch.

yeah thats why yours is ok. You have used the standard housing for the maf. I had a 70mm green racing one on with the maf just put in and it was fine. Because ive used a 3inch/76mm intake there was to much air rusing past the maf sensor so it was out of limits and would not run right :)

yeah thats why yours is ok. You have used the standard housing for the maf. I had a 70mm green racing one on with the maf just put in and it was fine. Because ive used a 3inch/76mm intake there was to much air rusing past the maf sensor so it was out of limits and would not run right :)

Gotcha :thumbsup:

no worrys mate anytime just ask. No question is a stupid question if you dont no the answer lol :)

haha good point! :)

I've just put in an order for that plastic connector andddddd, some of this:

silicone-straight-reducer-600.jpg

Reducer

Reason being that my filter has a 70mm hole, and the maf being 3" (76mm)I'll need a reducer, I'm hoping this will space it ok, whatcha reckon?

yeah that should be fine mate. If you still get problems you may have to sleeve the maf pipe to 70mm. Im going to get one of them to but just straight 3inch and a 45 degree bend and make my own intake to ditch the oe black rubber intake pipe and have a nice red silicone one :)

Cheers mate, put in the order now :)

Yeah I wanna change the tube from the throttle body to the maf for a nice blue one I spotted to go with my blue filter :)

yeah defo. I have looked for one and found nothing so will have to make one shouldn't be to hard though :)

Reason being that my filter has a 70mm hole, and the maf being 3" (76mm)I'll need a reducer, I'm hoping this will space it ok, whatcha reckon?

Yes that should work great. Thats similar how I managed to do mine. Sorry but cant upload pics of mine at the momment cause im still waiting for a usb wire. But will do so when received.

Good work! This is on my list to do but with a modified airbox.

Did you leave the airpump connected so that it still runs on start up?

Thanks mate :thumbsup: i did have the bottom half of the air box in but it just didn't work as well so am going to get a heat sheild

had to,i blocked off the return vacume line and drilled a hole for the supply, had major problems getting it running because of the maf and the fact is a 3" maf pipe, wanted to stall at low revs and had a mojor flat spot at about 2.5k to 4k, after trying to restrict the airflow and spacing the maf sensor and it still running terrible.i spaced the filter away from the sensor and :yahoo: its great dare i say its better than the green racing one i did have on

Nice one! If you want to get rid of the bottom half of the airbox let me know. Ideally want one to experiment on!

thats ok mate. I would get rid of it if they wasn't so expensive to buy again :censor:! what you got planned? smoothing out the airbox and mounting a cone filter inside? ;)

Yeah I wanna change the tube from the throttle body to the maf for a nice blue one I spotted to go with my blue filter

diy

i did find this may be some help ? :thumbsup:

Yes that should work great. Thats similar how I managed to do mine. Sorry but cant upload pics of mine at the momment cause im still waiting for a usb wire. But will do so when received.

Cheers man appreciate that :)

thats ok mate. I would get rid of it if they wasn't so expensive to buy again :censor:! what you got planned? smoothing out the airbox and mounting a cone filter inside? ;)

Aye, daft price for a bit of plastic! You could buy a whole airbox for a Mitsubishi Colt/FTO/Evo for about £10 second hand!

Planning on smothing the insides, big cold air feed directly into the box and a decent panel filter.

These engines seem to be so tempramental with cone filters!! :blink:

Aye, daft price for a bit of plastic! You could buy a whole airbox for a Mitsubishi Colt/FTO/Evo for about £10 second hand!

Planning on smothing the insides, big cold air feed directly into the box and a decent panel filter.

These engines seem to be so tempramental with cone filters!! :blink:

its not so much temperamental with cone filters its more the intake and maf, like the idea :thumbsup: kinda like a ram air system

here's what ive got so far, just need to smooth the box but dont know whether i want to :wacko:

0063.jpg

0013.jpg

0053.jpg

0044.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links