Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

harrypotter:)

first week in and 390 miles on clock and just gone down to two bars on the fuel gauge. Filled up to rim on monday will be filling to rim again next monday coming, is this good or not????

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jan&tone

• Duce D

• Cyker

• benwiddowson

We get 48/52 mpg from ours, and thats a mix of country lanes and shopping trips

:thumbsup:

Average is 59MPG for my 5dr Blue. Mainly 25 mile runs to and from work, with an average speed of 45mph! GPS systems are wonderful at providing seemingly useless information like that! :D

I'm currently getting 55mpg on country routes which will improve as the car is only a few months old. Working out at 10p a mile which is a little way off the 8p a mile I was getting in the C1

Between 53-57mpg. Modal average is 55 mpg. Only once have I achieved 57. Had about 8 tank full since owning the car.

this comment might start an age old debate but:- have you tried using different petrol ? Ive found with my Fabia filling up at certain garages gives me much better mpg. I'm not talking 10's of miles but 5 or 6 mpg more running on Total petrol than say Morrisons.

In my (all be it limited) experience it hasn't made any difference which garage i fill up at or what brand i use, it always seems to give the same mpg (my nice excel chart can show that) and the same performance.

It does make a small difference on the wife's Honda Jazz but only when you use that BP Ultimate stuff and even then its only about 2mpg more, but it costs 10p/liter more so doesn't really make sense money wise and i doubt it makes much difference from a carbon footprint point of view either!

Edit: We now fill up mainly at Tesco and Sainsburys as it is cheaper than most places and you get Clubcard/Nectar points!

I've averaged 55 since I bought the car :) most I've had is about 65 mpg. My journey varies but there's a 30-mile round motorway trip three days/week, travelling between 60 and 70 mph.

Check Fuelly for a load of information on real mpg's of cars. It makes interesting reading!

My average is 46mpg over 5000 miles. The majority of this is in town (about 2-3 miles per trip). I'm still quite impressed though. It's 10mpg more than SWMBO's Clio and 25mpg more than my last car!

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a Go! and I drive 49.8miles 5 x days a week (yes I can be that accurate!)of which 40miles of that is M25 between 55&65mph and I think I'm getting between 55 & 62mpg does that sound feasible ? seems a lot higher than alot of people are getting on here

according to my sig/fuelly im getting roughly 63mpg on my Go!. Does about 40 miles a day 2x20 mix of town and country.

Fuel consumption varies wildly dependent on a huge numbers of factors - type of use (town, motorway, A road, etc), style of driving (heavy on throttle and brake = poor consumption, etc).

Choice of fuel can make a difference also.

You should NEVER use supermarket fuel in a modern close tolerance engine - any saving at the pumps is offset by the damage done to your engine. There is plenty of information about this on the internet if you look about. Use a good quality fuel such as Shell or BP.

Generally, a rule of thumb that never tends to be far wrong is that, assuming a mix of driving conditions, average fuel consumption for just about any car is roughly 15% less than the manufacturers "combined cycle" figure. In the case of the Aygo, that is (for the current model with manual transmission), 62.8 mpg. By the rule of thumb therefore, you should expect around 53mpg - as you can see, not far off.

Modern engines, being manufactured to very close tolerances, take a good few miles to give of their best performance and economy wise. Most modern car engines have not fully bedded in until about 6-8,000 miles have been covered, and with some modern diesels it can be twice that figure. My first tank in my Aygo Go! achieved bang on 51 mpg; but I would expect this to improve as the engine loosens; and then to settle at around 53-55 mpg.

In my (all be it limited) experience it hasn't made any difference which garage i fill up at or what brand i use, it always seems to give the same mpg (my nice excel chart can show that) and the same performance.

It does make a small difference on the wife's Honda Jazz but only when you use that BP Ultimate stuff and even then its only about 2mpg more, but it costs 10p/liter more so doesn't really make sense money wise and i doubt it makes much difference from a carbon footprint point of view either!

Edit: We now fill up mainly at Tesco and Sainsburys as it is cheaper than most places and you get Clubcard/Nectar points!

531 miles from reserve tank to reserve tank. no idea of the mpg but was well chuffed with it

roughly 68mpg

Imperial gallon = 4.54609188 litre

mile = 1.609344 kilometers

1 tank = 740 km.

each time. Place i live, we move with avg speed 60km/h.

when we travel in Athens, then may be 780 km...

At 2006 no one would believe that.... :help:

:toast:

You should NEVER use supermarket fuel in a modern close tolerance engine - any saving at the pumps is offset by the damage done to your engine. There is plenty of information about this on the internet if you look about. Use a good quality fuel such as Shell or BP.

I disagree with that. There is no difference between the basic fuels from either a supermarket or a branded petrol station. The only difference is that some of the branded fuel (BP Ultimate for example) has extra additives/lubricants in which aim to boost performance/economy. All the fuel conforms to the BS standard so it stands to reason that fuel is fuel. If the station itself has poor storage tanks then the fuel could get contaminated before it reaches your car, but that is fairly unlikely to happen.

Generally, a rule of thumb that never tends to be far wrong is that, assuming a mix of driving conditions, average fuel consumption for just about any car is roughly 15% less than the manufacturers "combined cycle" figure. In the case of the Aygo, that is (for the current model with manual transmission), 62.8 mpg. By the rule of thumb therefore, you should expect around 53mpg - as you can see, not far off.

Also from my experience this doesn't ring true. My Blue has done just over 8500 miles now and it has averaged 58.7 mpg. And i have got 64mpg a few times. Fuel economy is all down to the way you drive. the more you use the A & B pedals the more fuel you'll use!

Simples!

I disagree with that. There is no difference between the basic fuels from either a supermarket or a branded petrol station. The only difference is that some of the branded fuel (BP Ultimate for example) has extra additives/lubricants in which aim to boost performance/economy. All the fuel conforms to the BS standard so it stands to reason that fuel is fuel. If the station itself has poor storage tanks then the fuel could get contaminated before it reaches your car, but that is fairly unlikely to happen.

Sorry but this is utter rubbish. Please ask someone who works in the industry what exactly supermarkets are buying - you may be surprised. The BS is a minimum standard not a maximum. As I said there is a shedload of material on the web about this- please take the time to look, you may be in for a shock.

My pal, who owns an independent garage/workshop estimates that over a third of his turnover nowadays is due to people putting cheap supermarket fuel in their cars.

Ask yourself why it is cheaper.....

Fuel economy is all down to the way you drive. the more you use the A & B pedals the more fuel you'll use!

Yes this is true, but fuel economy is equally influenced if not more so, by the type of driving you do. The person who has a commute along decently flowing A roads, averaging 45-60mph will alway get better fuel economy than the person who crawls in nose to tail traffic, no matter how economically the town driver tries to drive. There will always be folk who get better fuel mileage because of the nature of their driving.

My "combined cycle less 15%" rule of thumb is only that - a merged average. However it was uncannily accurate on a fleet of over two thousand very different vehicles.

Driving economically is an art, and has as much to do with braking economically as accelerating economically. Conservation of momentum is everything. Some astounding results are possible if you make every effort, though driving super-economically isn't particularly comfortable for passengers, especially on twisty roads as you have to try and keep momentum through bends by slowing as little as possible; resulting in some quite hysterical cornering speeds. During the last fuel crisis, I managed to achieve over 50mpg on a run back from southern France in a fully laden five seater, automatic, petrol driven Mercedes C Class Estate. It was a very long journey though.