Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T &sr180 Tpms How To Turn Off..

stewyinpagham

are you still running ok with no light coming on??? Why do you need to run that other wire though? Can you not just snip the pink wire and that will be job done? Sorry if its a daft question but im useless with wiring etc but im desperate to find a way of disabling the TPMS light

all best

shaun

I ran with TPMS 'rigged for off' until last Sunday. I have RFT's and a working TPMS so I will use it till the new rims arrive.

The testing process has included a couple of extended runs of over 1.5 hours with no warning lamp showing.

The reason for the pink wire from the binnacle being 'taken' to 0V is to stop the alarm pack from detecting a cable or unit failure of the TPMS unit and flashing the alarm.

If you're in the Fareham Po16 area, I will happily do this mod for you or any T/SR180 owner. It takes about 10-mins 'Tops' and costs about £1.00 + a pint! I did take some photos and will endeavor to upload them tomorrow when I'm on a faster server.

Stu.

Hey Stu

I wish i was closer as id happily buy you a keg of beer to do this for me. I am in North Northumberland though so im a bit too far away. Photos would be fantastic though mate so please get them up when you get a mo before the TPMS system makes me flip :ffs:

All best

Shaun

are you still running ok with no light coming on??? Why do you need to run that other wire though? Can you not just snip the pink wire and that will be job done? Sorry if its a daft question but im useless with wiring etc but im desperate to find a way of disabling the TPMS light

all best

shaun

I ran with TPMS 'rigged for off' until last Sunday. I have RFT's and a working TPMS so I will use it till the new rims arrive.

The testing process has included a couple of extended runs of over 1.5 hours with no warning lamp showing.

The reason for the pink wire from the binnacle being 'taken' to 0V is to stop the alarm pack from detecting a cable or unit failure of the TPMS unit and flashing the alarm.

If you're in the Fareham Po16 area, I will happily do this mod for you or any T/SR180 owner. It takes about 10-mins 'Tops' and costs about £1.00 + a pint! I did take some photos and will endeavor to upload them tomorrow when I'm on a faster server.

Stu.

When it comes time for my Flunrats to come off, I will cordially invite Stewy AND/OR shcm for break and bedfast here in Glasgowshire....they can even share a room, I am totally open minded....like Wardude, most of this is in Giraffe's Bum territory to me, but the thought of a flashing light drives me bonkers, or more so.

As for Blue's bit of ticky tape....definitive heelander, que..? :lol:

Thanks for a brill future solution,

Big Kev

EDIT: PAID £1.40 A LITRE YESTERDAY FOR Shell V-POWER...MAY NOT HAVE RAV CAN TRAV UP TO WHEN TYRES NEED REPLACING AT THIS RATE. ANYBODY EVER THOUGHT IF CAMERON PAYS TAX ON THE COMPANY CAR THAT PICKS HIM UP MOST DAYS.....?

When it comes time for my Flunrats to come off, I will cordially invite Stewy AND/OR shcm for break and bedfast here in Glasgowshire....they can even share a room, I am totally open minded....

Yeah, I'm fairly open minded too, but unless by the remotest possibility Stewy is female (which he isn't), reasonably attractive, brunette, devastatingly intelligent, GSOH (this is sounding like a lonely f*rts advert) with an uncontrollable attraction to geeks (fussy ain't I?), then all I can say is fe*k that idea for a game of soldiers, big boy! :)

....and Stewy is probably already into projectile vomiting mode at the very idea :sick:

Maybe I'll have a run up one afternoon. Only about a 600 mile round trip. :thumbsup:

EDIT: PAID £1.40 A LITRE YESTERDAY FOR SHELL V-POWER..

£64.01 to fill the tank this morning. :rolleyes:

:crybaby: Why am i always miles away from anyone that can help. Get these photos up Stu and im gonna tackle this baby myself. Watch for the giant mushroom cloud

Nice one Stu!! My lights been flashing at me for about a year now. I've just learnt to ignore it!! May look into doing this some time, so photos would be good. Otherwise it may well be a trip to see shcm or Anchs ...

Otherwise it may well be a trip to see shcm or Anchs ...

Yeah, I'd gladly have a go for you. If you are still Midlands based, you might not be too far away. :thumbsup:

.....Or a mass "Extinguish the TPMS lamp meet". I mean, there is at least three of you wanting it done (Kev, Wardude, yourself) :lol:

.....Or buy the black sticky tape :rolleyes:

Its gonna have to be the black sticky tape as I think Stu is holding these pics to ransom lol. Haway Stu your keeping us in suspense. Im gonna just have to go and snip every pink wire in the car soon lol :blink:

BIG thanks to Stew and Shcm for all there e mails and help regarding this. I have located the wire and know what to do now. So for those of you who were a bit scared to do this due to limited knowledge, dont be. If I can do it anyone can. thanks lads :thumbsup: When my tyres need replacing in the next month or so, ill do your fix and hopefully my dash will be TPMS light free. Big weight off my mind

well lads. i followed your instructions today and I have done it. No TPMS light showing on the dash at all now. So hopefully I can now remove the tyre support rings, remove the £140 sensors and just fir normal tyres and valves for a care free tpms light free life. Fingers crossed but so far so good :thumbsup:

Anyone in same situation as me and who is scared of tinkering with cars etc. This fix is a doddle. took a novice dumbleoid like me 10 mins

Im just hoping that a light doesent start flashing in a few months time saying "Your TPMS light has been disconnected for 3 months. Better get it sorted eh or the warning buzzer will start in 10,9,8,7,6......" :eek:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links